Why are the companies delaying joining dates for 2012 candidates?

I think that's the question every engineer who graduated in 2012 is asking these days. I've been hearing about the delays in joining for a long time now. There are several adverse effects of the delay in joining a company after you've completed your graduation.

First - you lose a very precious year in your professional life. An year of experience holds lot of importance in professional career. Second, it's not guaranteed that you'll be assigned a project right after you've joined and undergone the company's training program. There could be considerable delay between your joining date and you're actually assigned a project; so that you can start building your resume (bio-data).

Well, of course it's the troubled economic times and a challenging business environment that's forcing companies to take this step. What's your experience with other companies like TCS, Cognizant, Tech.M, WIPRO etc.?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I hope we have married CEans along with the young CEans here. Also today is very special day for the married Indian couple, so here is a short story that...
HTC has gone the dual SIM way, launching HTC Desire SV, the dual SIM android smartphone. The phone runs on Android ICS and boasts the power of a dual core...
Apple first said that they won't launch a 7" tablet; but it turns out that Apple changed their mind and decided to adopt the form factor with the latest iPad-Mini....
I'm sindhuja doing my final year B.Tech IT in tamilnadu, India
Guys the Dell India IT Executive Summit 2012 is here… It is Dell India's premier annual event for C-level IT decision makers from across India. The Summit will be held...