1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Why Aptitude, reasoning and verbal is so important to get a job?

Question asked by Noothan Kumar in #Career Help #ExamPrep #Campus Placements on Jan 22, 2020
Noothan Kumar
Noothan Kumar · Jan 22, 2020
Rank C1 - EXPERT

Why is aptitude, reasoning and verbal is so important to get a job? It will never be used in practice. Then why do companies recruit on the basis of aptitude tests, reasoning and verbal ability?

Posted in: #Career Help #ExamPrep #Campus Placements
Mohana Chandra
Mohana Chandra · Jan 22, 2020
Rank C1 - EXPERT

Yes,absolutely we will not be going to work on aptitude,reasoning and verbal.

But ,They make you to give the level of proof of skill that you have ,which help the interviewer to get  you hired.

Aptitude shows the ability of your Problem solving skills. Logical reasoning showcase your logical way of understanding the concepts.Verbal reasoning exhibits the reading and understanding abilites.

Swarup Pan
Swarup Pan · Jan 22, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

Yeah, you are right. These do not play any major role in the company for you. But when a company comes to judge you within nearly 2-3 hours max, tell me a more efficient way they can judge your qualities to select you?
These are mandatory steps because they test your pressure handling skills. Most of the companies set their cut-offs in these domains very high just to examine how much dedication can you show towards it and whats your extreme point.

bill yorke
bill yorke · Jan 22, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

I think Aptitude, reasoning and verbal prowess and even when we are faking it is good for adaptability, work chemistry by creating a comfortable environment for one self. For instance, you may deserve a promotion or a priority to an interview but when your ability to put to good use aptitude skills, fair reasoning and pleasing expression or justifications verbally is noticed, it is always a plus.

A work environment blends a fare share of toxicity, comfort, competition, and all sorts of things that one has to manage through besides just being good at the entrusted tasks or accorded company. Excellence in Aptitude, reasoning and verbal therefore forms a good basis for a job consideration.

supriya VN gowda
supriya VN gowda · Jan 23, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

Aptitude helps to understand your skills and time management skills and to know how you solve any question given to you and how you understood that question and they judge you on if they give you a project in a company at what time you will be able to do that work in a efficient way like, so they will ask aptitude and reasoning. 

As communication is important to convey any information to others and to have better knowledge on reading and understanding things and convey my opinion on any problem statement given to me so they will give you verbal in aptitude round. Sometimes they estimate your patience on studying your passage and comprehensions because we won't study that both topics properly as they take more time to study and understand content so in placements they ask you verbal ability. 

[Prototype]
[Prototype] · Jan 24, 2020
Rank B1 - LEADER

While all other reasons make sense, the main purpose of aptitude tests and others are just for the purpose of mass shortlisting more than anything else, at least in India. 

Imagine having to interview 500 people to pick 5 from them. You'll definitely get the better of the lot but it's not practical. Interviewing 500 people is not possible in a single day or even a week. So these rounds are added with a cutoff. And viola, within 1 hour you'll have your shortlist with like 200 people. Yes, that could also mean loosing on few technically good candidates but that's the tradeoff the make. And most of the time, they don't really except much from a fresher as you'd be trained on whatever they want you to do. Now a days, even loads of mech students are selected by IT. So you can understand what kinda of relevant technical expertise they are looking for. 

In short, aptitude and verbal are your ticket to the interview room. That's all. If it was more, then it would've been taken even for experienced professionals. But experienced pool is already small and they are not bound by deadline of a day or so. They can afford to be more picky and elaborate here. 

Personally, I suck at Quants. And I never had to give aptitude test. :D

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare · Jan 24, 2020
Rank A1 - PRO

Prototype has already answered this. I've been to campus placements to recruit candidates. I'll tell you an experience from the recruitment drive we had conducted at Kolkata. 

There were about 1500 candidates who had appeared for the recruitment drive; and each one satisfied the basic shortlisting criteria. 

Without an aptitude test, verbal and logical reasoning tests; it'd have been almost impossible for our team of 12 to shortlist ~200 candidates to interview. 

I know that this is not the 'right' way to filter out candidates; but that's how it is now. Hopefully, we'll be able to fix some of this problem with our ranking mechanism on CrazyEngineers. 👍 

Ramya Bhandaru
Ramya Bhandaru · Feb 3, 2020
Rank D2 - MASTER

Yes,aptitude Reasoning and verbal is so important to get a job.Because 

Aptitude will help improve the skills and manage the time and it will help in problem solving techniques in short ways.

Reasoning will be helping understanding the problem (or the situation) and the effective way of solving it.

Of-course, verbal is used in communication purpose.

All these will help in our time management,logical thinking,problem solving ,and communications.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up