Whom should we vote?

HI CEans . I know that most of the CEans out there must be a first time voters and I am desperate to know the pulse of India on my question. According to EC, about 2.3 crore people were 1st time voters and So they have a good impact to overturn the table?
I have two cases
* Should I vote for a party which has a better PM candidate?
or
* Should I vote for the better candidate who can do good works on my constituency?

Both the cases would have adverse effect on other. If I vote for the party with better PM candidate, We may have a better leader but but the good outputs by his work and policies may not reach people.
If we vote for better candidate, we can get better winner at our area but even if he voice out our problems in assembly and parliment, we may not receive good amendments.
So what are your views???
I expect good replies with reasonable explanations.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - if the candidate in your constituency has a track record of (versus 'perception' that he/she will do good job); you should vote for him/her. Otherwise, you should vote for the party with a better candidate.

I personally think it's the need of the time to have a strong person at the top; because I've seen how a good BIG BOSS can change things despite ruthless opposition.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

I may sound sarcastic, but i don't think it makes a difference, to whom you should vote for. Nothing big is gonna change.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    zaveri
    but i don't think it makes a difference, to whom you should vote for. Nothing big is gonna change.
    Yes, may be, nothing gonna change from your single vote and,
    bitter truth is if you don't vote definitely it gonna worse.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Things will change. Murphy's law: Left to themselves, things go from bad to worse.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - if the candidate in your constituency has a track record of (versus 'perception' that he/she will do good job); you should vote for him/her. Otherwise, you should vote for the party with a better candidate.

I personally think it's the need of the time to have a strong person at the top; because I've seen how a good BIG BOSS can change things despite ruthless opposition.
    case1) What if it the first time for candidates given seat for first time and has no track record?
    2) Both major parties have given seats to Ex MLA's, what can i do? Should i try to explore the records?

Thanks for previous reply.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd refrain from voting for the 'first timers' if they have no proven track record of social service or public life (for the benefit of people). In that situation, I'd opt for the party with a better PM candidate.
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    So whats your take on first time voters? Does it have a greater impact to turn on some waves?
    What would be the idea or knowledge in first time voters mind?
  • avii
    avii
    I am in same boat as OP. BJP guy in my constituency is lot worse, communal and has corrupt track record. OTOH, Congress dude is better. If BJP guy is 99% corrupt, Congress dude is like some 96% corrupt. But he does have a better track record.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - You're screwed anyways ๐Ÿ‘Ž. Better strategy would be to vote for BJP (Modi) and hope that he does some magic by setting up right policies. Basically; taking off power from the local candidate and letting the policies drive progress. Remember, he's done the development in Gujarat with the so called 'corrupt' and 'communal' BJP leadership.

Point: You at least have a ray of hope.

If you vote for Congress: You know it's a black hole. They are primarily responsible for the mess since 1947. No point in trusting them again.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    avii
    BJP guy in my constituency is lot worse, communal and has corrupt track record.
    Can you elaborate this line ?

Kaustubh Katdare
    Remember, he's done the development in Gujarat with the so called 'corrupt' and 'communal' BJP leadership.
    One of the main reason why I want Modi as PM is the fact that he chooses smart people to work for the desired project. If you look the well-known BRTS project, which is soon likely to expand in Rajkot & Surat , it is planned & governed by CEPT Director. Modi & his best men knows how to pull investors. Most people thinks Gujarat Rann Mahotsav, Gujarat Kite Festival, Navratri Festival & Diwali fest as just an event for 'fun'. No! Just ask the entrepreneurs who presents their projects in fests and how they get opportunity to work with foreign companies.

It's kinda funny that people every now & then triggers Gujarat Riot to pull him down. It's even funnier when most of these people have never lived Gujarat Riot are talking this shit. Gujarat's people never talk about that shit, 'cuz we know what happened. And, If Modi wouldn't be our PM during Gujarat riot, then entire Gujarat soil would've spilled with blood. Modi smartly tackled that shit which none of the politicians would be capable to do it.

And comparing three major parties - AAP, Congress & BJP candidates. Congress candidate will be puppet of Sonia Gandhi. A PM should have his/her own voice & not of party leader, period! Coming to Kejriwal, this man is a puss. Needless to say, Modi is out of their league.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, a TEDx event, I had opportunity to interact with the CEO of Gujarat Tourism Mr. Sanjay Kaul. I also spoke with the team that worked with him and was surprised to see how excited his team mates were and they were praising Modi for his vision and administration abilities; and trust me - it was 2012 and elections were not in sight.

The team said - Modi did just one thing: Put the knowledgeable people in charge of the activities and gave them power to get things done.

In Nagpur, we had Mr. T. Chandrashekhar, Municipal Commissioner - to really change the face of the city in matter of few months! My college was 8 KM away from my home and the roads he developed reduced my commute time from ~25-30 minutes to about 15 minutes! People of Nagpur still remember him for all the development work he did single handedly.

That's why having the Big Boss with the right attitude and vision can change things! I personally do not support everyone in BJP. However, Nitin Gadkari, who's fighting from Nagpur has a track record of development - building a ton of fly-overs and roads during his regime. He might be corrupt (no proven charge against him so far); but he's delivered and that's the reason I voted for him.
  • Raj A
    Raj A
    Just THINK before you press the button on Voting machine!!
    Be true to yourself..
    That will certainly make a difference.. One or the other way. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lava has come up with a new low-budget smartphone for the Indian market called the Lava IRIS 406Q. The brand new entrant in the popular Lava series of smartphones is...
Am taking my final year studies and soon will be required to come up with an innovative project.. Have an idea on taking register on students who are in class...
Land Rover has always been known to add a little extra in its range of SUVs to make them irresistible. This time around they are tinkering with their Discovery family...
We've made a few tweaks to the server and that should make the site incredibly faster for the guest users (sorry, logged-in people!) The only catch is that the guests...
With an aim to connect families to food, Nikhil Arora and Alejandro Velez founded Back to the Roots - A startup that has launched two products - the Mushroom Kit...