Whole 13 floor building keels over (2009)

A 13 floor building just topples over and seems intact.

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    A.V.Ramani
    A 13 floor building just topples over and seems intact.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    Sir, I read this article(accident) some 2 years back. The main reason behind this accident is soil disturbance.
    Very near(adjacent) to this building another site was started. They dig the soil to construct the underground car parking. During the period of digging there was a heavy rain, the pit was fill with water and it loosen the near by soil. So, the shear failure was happened.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    That is right. However, the point is that the foundation should have taken care of that. I am a bit surprised that the structure as a whole seems to hold together even after falling. Which seems to mean that the building has structural integrity.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Recent findings conducted by the National Car Care Council revealed that 86 percent of the cars they randomly checked during state vehicle inspections, had at least one item that...
Having read numerous interviews - one thing emerges as a 'fact' - hiring great talent for a startup company is a big problem! And someone's gotta solve this problem for...
Medtronic - a leader in medical devices has announced that they've successfully implanted world's smallest cardiac pacemaker without surgery in a patient from Austria. The pacemaker ensures that the heart...
I have capacitor bank that charge to 300volts, and I’would like to make a cut off switch for it reaches its max charges. My plan was to make a 12...
DSK Motowheels have launched in India a new special edition superbike called the Hyosung GT250 R LE. Hyosung's tag line - "Made in Korea, Ridden by the world" is evident...