who would u think is the Indian ICON of the year 2006?????????

who would u think is the ICON of the year 2006?

hey everyone, the debate is on "the Icon of the year ".i am not pin pointing the "youth icon"(mind it).so start pouring in ur valuable comments.so jog ur head n tell the ICON from ur point of view.and at last we will choose our "ICON" of the year.c'mon. 's.and please do write the reason for which u want him/her to be the icon of the year.

Replies

• crook
    crook
    Indian Icon of the year < ?? > is our President, Dr. Kalam. Devesh, before posting further, go through this link:- #-Link-Snipped-#

Croook
  • devesh
    devesh
    crook
    Indian Icon of the year < ?? > is our President, Dr. Kalam. Devesh, before posting further, go through this link:- #-Link-Snipped-#

Croook
    sorry crook,i have tried to remove those flaws to much extent and will try to
    look up to that in future also.
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    crook

Croook
    im sorry to disagree with u ....prez kalam isnt an icon by any parameter .... he doesnt even deserve a second term .... he has had the ability to do a lot of things but rather preferred sitting quiet on them and let the politicians have things their way

indian of the year .... cnn-ibn has honored the right man - Mr. Ratan Tata .... a man who exemplifies principles, honesty, hard work, grit and determination

and sorry big k for the '......'
  • ankur8819
    ankur8819
    hi.according to me Mr.Narayan Murthy,the chairman of INFOSYS is the youth icon..He is a down to earth person ns believes in simplycity..He says perhaps we are the only nation in the world were people fight to be called backward rather than forward.
    he is the mastermind behind silicon valley in INDIA...and he has founded a company like INFOSYS which is progressing like anything!!!!!
    so i feel he is the inspirattion for every youngter.....
    He came from a rural background and now is one of the Top Entrepreneurs of the world...
    HATS OFF TO THE GREAT MAN....
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I think the youth icon should be a young guy with exemplary achievement.

My choice- Aditya Mittal, CFO of Mittal Steel (Lakshmi Mittal's Son)
    He was the man behind Arcelo-Mittal conglomaration.
    Do we need to explain anything else?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mayurpathak
    I think the youth icon should be a young guy with exemplary achievement.

My choice- Aditya Mittal, CFO of Mittal Steel (Lakshmi Mittal's Son)
    He was the man behind Arcelo-Mittal conglomaration.
    Do we need to explain anything else?
    In my opinion, only people who have worked 'in' India should be eligible for the position. ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    na aditya mittal he aint fit enough all he did was propose to his dad that we should merge rest was done by big daddy himself

and 1 merger doesnt make some1 icon of the year ...
  • ankitvirmani
    ankitvirmani
    Why are all our ideals turning out to be businessmen-remember its "their" business to improve their business...i honestly appreciate their hard work and dedication but shouldn't our ideal be someone who thinks above himself and for the common man...
  • no_atkt
    no_atkt
    ideal is some 1 who u look upto ... so following tht definition it doesnt make a difference besides... there is no 1 in india who is actually above himself ... as far as business icons like tata are concerned they are transparent and have credibility
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ankitvirmani
    Why are all our ideals turning out to be businessmen-remember its "their" business to improve their business...i honestly appreciate their hard work and dedication but shouldn't our ideal be someone who thinks above himself and for the common man...
    You have a point mate. I nominate Dr. Prakash Amte & Mrs. Sudha Murthy ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-
  • AlameluKrishnan
    AlameluKrishnan
    My vote to Mrs.Sudha Murthy................ she thought about common man although she need not have......
  • devesh
    devesh
    this is going more n more interesting..................
  • LORD_EC
    LORD_EC
    @Everybody is choosing business tycoons as their ICON.
    Do they actually know what is the story behind their sucess ??
    "I heard someone here callign "ratan tata" as honest,hardwoking and all..""
    How do you kno that ??
    Corporate world is so competiting that every body has to acquire or merge to survive in this rat race.Tata got his wealth from his granparents(remember jamshedpur tata),Lakshmi mittal had his father's business in foreign country(i think it was singapur,hong kong or some contry of their neighrbood.)

These are the Man's getting credit for everything sitting at the TOP.
    In true words ICONS should be those,to which you can compare your situations like i can compare my situation with "Avinash Bajaj "(im sure no body knows him).
    He was simply a graduate and started his venture single handedly,with no investors around.He started bazee.com and recently it was sold at a massive prize of 250crores to ebay.in
    He is a millionaire now,rising from a pure middle class family to a corporate giant.
    These TATAS,BIRLAS and AMBANIS already had the platform,and in todays world it is the most difficult task.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Re: who would u think is the ICON of the year 2006?

devesh
    hey everyone, the debate is on "the Icon of the year ".i am not pin pointing the "youth icon"(mind it).so start pouring in ur valuable comments.so jog ur head n tell the ICON from ur point of view.and at last we will choose our "ICON" of the year.c'mon. 's.and please do write the reason for which u want him/her to be the icon of the year.
    I think thread started with the "the Icon of the year " Not THE INDIAN Icon of the year ...

My vote goes to Sunita Williams.. Need not to explain why.....
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Eh, who's that actor in that Sivaji movie? He's quite a popular figure here for the Indian population in Malaysia ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rajanikanth aka Shivaji Rao Gaikwad !

I guess its high time that we define the parameters on which we are going to determine the Indian Icon of the year 2006.

Btw, ash, this is year 2007! ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • rpkash
    rpkash
    Well i tried a lot but....i can't name anyoone the Indian ICON of the year 2006. It should be someone who has done something for India without any profit motive of his/her own.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Why 555 Timer Is So Called As?that's A Very Common Question But I Didn't That In Book.so Help Me Out
what do u think, it's better to live in a joint family or a nuclear family? c'mon CE'ns pour in your comments as much as possible. this could be your...
Hello All, Continuing from where Brian Huyser left us last month, I want to tell all my fellow CEans that I have changed 1 ordinary bulb in my house with...
nanotechnology is reachin INDIA....(although quite late!!!!) nanotechnology can make steel 100 times stronger with same size..... machining can b xtremely accurate upto atomic level.... computers can consume billion times less...
I found This program has tremendous potiential...has the makings of probably.. The next Google... N we can play a big role..n yes..V stand to lose nothing.... Just bring as many...