Who should be the next moderator of CE?

While we hand-pick our moderators from our active CEans, I thought of taking a public poll to see who our CEans want to see as a Moderator of CE Forum. Please nominate your favorite candidate in following format -

- CEan -
- Why -

PS: You may nominate yourself.

We'll consider nominations received in this thread for our next mod-squad expansion, which is due soon.

Replies

• Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Sahithi Pallavi.

or

Praveenscience

or

Ishan

or

Maria Flor.

Because they are very active.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...and all other CEans.

@dileep: That's not how you nominate. Back someone with a solid reason.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    ๐Ÿ˜€ sorry Biggie.

I nominate Sahithi Pallavi because she is more active. She helps newbies and very interactive with all other CEans and She will post good posts and starts a lot of new threads which are very useful and she is one of the senior members in CE.

She's also matured and knows which spam to remove.

๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    So this time we are going to choose Moderator by Public POLL?

One person can nominate One Cean only or more than one is allowed?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    dileep k
    She's also matured and knows where to spam.

๐Ÿ˜€
    Good opinion. You should have written "She knows which spam to remove" ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You may nominate more than one person if you STRONGLY feel that they are fit for the job. Of course, you will have to provide reasons for individual users you nominate.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Here is my First Nomination

1) Cean- Ishan

Why-
    Very active member on CE and also VOICE author and contributed a lot to CE.

2) Sahithi Pallavi

Why-
    She is one of the most active ceans and also guiding new ceans and started some good threads in CS,IT section. Also conducting KYCEan very well. ๐Ÿ˜€

PS:-
    dileep k
    She's also matured and knows where to spam.
    SP :-bat ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    I believe, Moderator Should be, Very Active on the forum, Helping the forum(Checking the Spams, Adverts, Posts), Helping the newbies, Helping the CEans, and Who Mainly Contributes to the Growth of CE and needs Good Patience ๐Ÿ˜€

I believe these two CEans can do this job better,

1) CEan - Praveen

Why-
    Very active member on CE and contributed a lot to CE.

2) CEan - Ishan

Why-
    Very active member on CE and contributed a lot to CE.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    My nominations are as follows.

Sahithi Pallavi: Very good CEan. helps newbies, contributes a lot to CE. She is intelligent and is capable of conducting good discussions. Also everything which the above people have mentioned regarding her. ๐Ÿ˜€

And more importantly *she knows where to spam*. Good joke Dileep. ๐Ÿ˜

Maria Flor: She is the one I would recommend along with Sahithi. Whatever I mentioned for Sahithi, copy the same for her. Intelligent, enthusiastic, helps everyone and everything.

Guys jokes apart but Sahithi and Maria are those whom I strongly recommend. No offence everyone. This is just a friendly suggestion and my own opinion. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Sahithi Pallavi.

Because she knows her job!

Are we adding a poll yet?
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Then we have
    Civil princess: She helps people a lot. Writes and contributes to CE a lot. Though I do not see her active these days.

@Admin: Please check her active status if she is frequently active on CE then she is a strong contender for post. She has all qualities of being a perfect administrator.

How can we forget Praveena? ๐Ÿ˜€

Next recommendation is Praveena211 I always had a feeling that she follows all sections thoroughly. ๐Ÿ˜€ She will be a very good choice. ๐Ÿ˜€

P.s: I recommended all girls. Really they are intelligent than *many men* ๐Ÿ‘
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    I would like to vote for Praveena, SP, Maria and Praveen Science for the reason that they are active CEans and are very friendly as well. I've found them helping many newbies many a time. So my vote is for them. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Deepika Bansal
    I would like to vote for Praveena, SP, Maria and Praveen Science for the reason that they are active CEans and are very friendly as well. I've found them helping many newbies many a time. So my vote is for them. ๐Ÿ‘
    Agree with you Deepika,

Praveena is also Suits to this Job now as she is very actively reporting spam. Consider her too. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    I would vote for SP๐Ÿ˜€
    1. She's been member of CE for such a long time
    2. She's very active CEan.
    3. Since, most of the member of CE are Indians..I think she knows how to handle them.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    A lot of nominations here.
    It's a wonder no CEan is nominating himself/herself. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    AbraKaDabra
    ha ha.. No one will do that ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    AbraKaDabra
    Right now SP,Praveen,Ishaan,Praveena,CivilPrincess and Maria are nominated. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    maria flor
    3. Since, most of the member of CE are Indians..I think she knows how to handle them.๐Ÿ˜€
    Nationality has never been a criteria on CE. Durga (although Indian) was in Australia for long time. Ash is from Malaysia. Maro was from Egypt and Gohm is from US. Our identity is just 'engineers'.

PS: Even I'm surprised to see no one nominating themselves.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi

Off-topic to this thread :

The_Big_K
    Nationality has never been a criteria on CE. Durga (although Indian) was in Australia for long time. Ash is from Malaysia. Maro was from Egypt and Gohm is from US. Our identity is just 'engineers'.

But I couldn't stop myself posting this. Really Speaking, the first thing I loved about CE is "No Differentiation". It will be good if our world is also like this!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Nationality, age, race, religion or region I do not like these things. We all are one. The branches may be different. Still we are friends.

Biggie and Sahithi said it right.
  • ursplfrnd
    ursplfrnd
    Praveen science !
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    AbraKaDabra
    I wanted to do this ๐Ÿ˜€, but now will be busy with dealaram ,so can't do this job,
    @biggie, if you can kindly explain what are the responsiblities of a moderator ,then it would be better to select one from more than 80000 choices

Upto i know

a moderator removes spam and spammer

and he guides new members or ensures that no one violating rules of forum

is there anything else?

i think cean praveen is best for this ,
  • Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    I will go for sahithi and praveen ๐Ÿ˜€
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Hi Maria

I would think it the other way around. More international moderators in board implies all different time zones are being covered up and thus we really would be having mods round the clock ๐Ÿ˜.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    A moderator is the caretaker of the community and responsible for keeping the forum clean, making sure discussions are active and the community progresses in a direction.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    durga
    Hi Maria

I would think it the other way around. More international moderators in board implies all different time zones are being covered up and thus we really would be having mods round the clock ๐Ÿ˜.
    @ Admin: Durga's suggestion is worth noting. Let us give job to Maria if possible. Sahithi is also perfect choice for job. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    A mod is the one who should have knowledge on how the forum works!
    And , he should be active , be nice with all except spammers!

I would nominate SP , she is active and she report spam!
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Wow!!! I didn't notice this thread... Awesome... Lemme give my views...
    1. SP: She's the monitoring CEan, who knows where the spam is! ๐Ÿ˜€
    2. Ishutopre: The genius within... No more words to say... ๐Ÿ˜€
    3. Praveena: Friendly and caring! ๐Ÿ˜€
    4. Maria: Someone from out of India and also understands the users well... ๐Ÿ˜€
    Guess that's it from me!!! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    My other nomination is Ishan.

Reason:

He is one of active CEans. He is very good CEan, Very kind with others. He encourages new ideas and helps other CEans to do new things. He has grown into a Mentor with in a year in CE. His posts are good. He is a VOICE author. He do know where to remove unnecessary posts and spam.

Another Nomination:

Praveenscience:

Reason:

He is a super active CEan and a techno geek with a lot of ideas. He is very kind with other CEans and encourages them to do different things. He can do his job and can manage his timings perfectly to the work. He can do the job as moderator equal to the best in CE because he has that enthusiastic about his work.He always try to learn new things and observe things closely and he checks at the areas where he can do mistakes and he checks when some one spam and will tell them how to post and what should not be posted. He can stand as an example as Moderator in CE.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nagpur University BE first year results are out. You can check your score by following this link. NAGPUR UNIVERSITY: Nagpur University FIRST YEAR B.E Results summer Exam 2011 | RTMNU...
Dear college event organizers, CE partners with events organized by engineering colleges & universities all over the world. The next session will begin soon and if your college is organizing...
The following video is kind of old-fashioned and funny. Do go through it and leave your comments here. [video=youtube;B9q2jNjOPdk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9q2jNjOPdk&feature=player_embedded[/video] I am sure, we can make a better one, what do...
We may admire a company because of its goals/work culture/founders etc.. Which tech company (globally) do you like the most? Please state in brief the reasons behind it too.
One of my friends started a discussion about, why don't we build our own internet connection so that we don't have to pay ongoing monthly payments to another ISP or...