Who Killed The Junior Developer?

Quote:
A few months ago I attended an event for women in tech. A lot of the attendees were new developers, graduates from code schools or computer science programs. Almost everyone told me they were having trouble getting their first job.
I was lucky. My first “real” job out of college was “Junior Application developer” at Columbia University in 2010. These days it’s a rare day to find even a job posting for a junior developer position. People who advertise these positions say they are inundated with resumes. But on the senior level companies complain they can’t find good developers. End quote

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This week’s video comes from Boston Dynamics, the company whose numerous robots can run, jump, yomp and now, it would appear, hold doors open for one another. Video of the...
Hailing from Muzaffarnagar, a city in Western Uttar Pradesh, where a girl's education has been a big social taboo, Preety Singh was lucky that she belonged to a 'Jat' family...
i need some suggestions to develop a project for physically disabled peoples...i need some guidance
When you needed an image for your personal use you relied on the most robust image search engine of them all, Google Image Search. Since it is the best search...
The top scorers of today's Quiz are listed here. Congratulations to everyone who appeared in the top 10! 😀