Which will you prefer windows xp or ubuntu 9.04

hi...

which is the best operating system in your view ?

i will UBUNTU 9.04..

what you think you prefer....reply....

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I never used any other OS.

I used only Windows.

I prefer windows XP
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I use Ubuntu 9.04 (on my laptop which originaly had Windoze) and my father uses XP. I feel Ubutnu is way ahead of windoze!!

I've installed windoze inside ubuntu, but only because I use some software which do not have corresponding linux versions or don't run flawlessly through WINE(Autocad, etc)..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My Dekstop has both Ubuntu & Vista. I occasionally login to ubuntu but Vista continues to be my OS. I'm mostly on Windows because of the MS Office and much cleaner font choice.
  • raghava
    raghava
    >>Which will you prefer windows xp or ubuntu 9.04
    Classic answer, 'It depends!'.

Personally, /me being a FOSS developer, I use debian (which is in fact the distro on which ubuntu is based) , and have been quite comfortable with GNU/Linux since 2002. Since the day it was bought, my laptop has never had a proprietary OS (other than of course, the Phoenix BIOS ๐Ÿ˜‰) and it's just been a flavour of GNU/Linux. To test few silly hacks etc I do have ubuntu as a VirtualBox VM. If one needs to use some proprietary software (which does not have an executable/port on GNU/Linux) or plainly, if one is not so comfortable using a flavour of GNU/Linux, one can always use operating systems sold by that Redmond based firm.

IMHO, it does not matter what OS one runs as long as one is able to use it (and get work done) efficiently.

/* I do(rather 'have to') use Windows XP in that place called office. ๐Ÿ˜‰ */
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Both. I'd never stick to one specific OS, just like you don't stick to one specific web browser ๐Ÿ˜€
  • adinickluv
    adinickluv
    I think that both Ubuntu and Windows are great cos both their own advantages..
    One beats other in some or the other features, generally hackers and deelopers prefer linux and media guys, gamers and people who are at basic level uses Windows..
    Yeah, i agree Lnux some amazing eye popping features but at the same time XP is famous for its userfriendly operation..
    Yeah though far behind but i would say MAC is also in the race..
    What do you say about MAC?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Mac is an interesting niche alternative as well. If I had a lot of money to spare, I wouldn't mind having one just for the sake of having one ๐Ÿ˜› I've noticed a lot of people involved with developing amateur creative content (videos, music, etc) use one form of Mac or another. Perhaps its the tools available? That's just my perspective anyway.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I'm Rahul doing my 2nd year mech engineering in B'lore. I'm so happy i found u guys, now i hav a place to discuss & probably help others too....
how are you guys i want to make a final year project and i want to ask you a basic question: "Can i recieve GPS signal FOR FREE and make...
A square of paper is 8 by 8 inches. Section the square so that the sections can be reassembled into a rectangle of 65 in[sup]2[/sup], one more than 8x8 in[sup]2[/sup]....
Hi guys, I am a a beginner in java & i have developed a chat application using socket & serversocket.I want to extend it to the internet.Please help..... Thanks in...
for example how can one know the OD,bore thickness by just looking at the bearing no. like 6001.