Which type of motors to be used for movement of wheel chair?

my project is on the basis of solar based wheel chair , movement of wheel chair canb e controlled by controller, and which type of motors i can prefer the movement of wheel chair

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# or @#-Link-Snipped-# Could you help here?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    To power the wheel chair, you may need a PMDC motor, since the wheel chair is going to be powered by DC.

If you are planning to add some kind of joystick-controlled steering system in your wheel chair, then you may also need to add a servo motor, to serve as a steering motor.
  • MUNIRAJU.M
    MUNIRAJU.M
    Ankita Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# or @#-Link-Snipped-# Could you help here?
    thank u mam
  • Ramesh_Kumar
    Ramesh_Kumar
    Nice answer, recently we have done a automatic wheel chair using joystick control. we used 2 High Torque DC motors on both back wheels and front small wheels of wheel chair are self driven casters without motors. we done steering by altering the main motors in respective positions. It worked good by carrying 50kgs person efficiently...
  • lal
    lal
    Ramesh_Kumar
    we used 2 High Torque DC motors on both back wheels and front small wheels of wheel chair are self driven casters without motors.
    What kind of DC motors to be exact, and how did you control speed?
  • Ramesh_Kumar
    Ramesh_Kumar
    12v High torque motor with planetary gear box and arrangement for mounting screws. generally we can see them in garages automobile/car window opening motors. we used 12v 7Ah battery for operation . motor controlled using Mosfet driver for High current operation. we programmed all these using PIC uC. the attached image is similar to our motor but differs in some technical specs..
  • Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    #-Link-Snipped-#

There is an entire MIT Open Course on this topic. Do make full use of it!
  • Giao duc Tuyen Sinh
    Giao duc Tuyen Sinh
    Thank you so much

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i need to know ,how can we detect the leak &fire in industries & give which type of transducers are suitable for both
China’s Yutu (Jade Rabbit) lunar rover has managed to come out of its dormant state successfully after it had suffered a malfunction during a scheduled shutdown procedure. Normally, during the...
Hello all, I am Prajakta Paradkar,married to Mr. Shrirang Kelapure. Discipline: Electronics I had completed my graduation from Nagpur university. I am doing my post graduation(M.E.) from Pune in 'signal...
They say all good things come to an end some day and the time has come to say goodbye to one of the most trusted operating system of recent times...
Ivanpah Solar Electric Generating System built by California based BrightSource Energy has began capturing solar energy and converting it into useful electric energy. The plant will output 392 MW of...