Which software testing tools should I learn?

Hello
I completed my Btech in electronic communications stream.
I have interest to learn testing,But the thing is there are so many modules in testing like, QA QTP SELENIUM MANUAL etc..
which module is better to learn for freshers like me.
I visited few testing learning institutions near by areas, but im totally confused.
I have received different suggestions from them.some said QA is best,another said Selenuim is best.
which module will help to my career.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There are two broad areas in software QA: Manual testing and Automation. Typically, in Indian IT companies, the testing begins with manual and once a milestone is reached in the testing process, automation is brought in.

You should first learn the fundamentals of the manual testing. Ask the institutes for the course contents first. Ultimately, which tool you will end up using will be decided by the company that hires you. You might even ask for the placement records for the institutes and find out if they have any history of offering placements assistance. If yes, check which tool [QTP, Selenium and others] has seen more demand from the recruiters.

Selenium is very popular tool employed in software testing and so is the QTP. I'd recommend going with Selenium. Not that it's 'better', but it is demanded by many companies. You can perform a search on any popular jobs website to see which tool is being preferred by companies for fresh graduates.
  • Pritvhi
    Pritvhi
    Now a days the industry is always behind open source. Selenium being open source i prefer Selenium over UFT (Formerly QTP).
    Learning Selenium is also not a big task, To learn from beginning, visit #-Link-Snipped-# for selenium tutorials and TestNG, Maven all other related libraries which are clearly documented with examples.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: This week’s video is brought to you by Insenth, a Chinese company claiming to have developed the world’s first augmented reality display for cyclists. Dubbed Senth IN1, the system...
Hello all, I am under the process of designing the Pressure safety valve ,the core component of PRV is spring.just i want to know about the spring design .For eg...
Please answer the survey above and if you have any questions or suggestions or demands put them in replies below.
Looks like a lot of you are already on Windows 10. Anyone here uninstall the default built-in apps and try to reinstall them? If yes, could you share the way...
The 'Apple of China', Xiaomi Corporation is building a laptop to compete with Apple's Macbook, reports Bloomberg Business. If the rumours are to be believed, Xiaomi Laptop will be introduced...