Which security mode is the best for wireless router: WEP, WPA, WPA-2, RADIUS

We're talking about home wireless router security for your regular wi-fi connections. The Linksys routers provide following security modes: WEP, WPA-Personal, WPA2-Personal, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, or RADIUS and I see that there are mixed opinions on which is the best mode among these. From what I read online, WPA types have been known to have performance issues (lesser speeds and frequent disconnections).

I'd want the discussion to be about -

1. Which mode is easier to crack via wireless network password cracking tools like backtrack?

2. Which security mode offers better performance?

3. Which security mode is better 'overall' - difficulty in breaking, no degradation in performance etc.

Would love to have technical insights on each of the recommended mode.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is the meaning of the high level input or output handling function
hello! when i compare this type of RAM, there is DDR SDRAM and SDR DRAM all come from upgraded of DRAM. what specific feature added to ddr sdram. help me...
Technology Robotix Society is proud to present ROBOTIX 2013, its annual technological extravaganza,to be held during 1 – 4 February,2013 as a part of Kshitij, the annual Techno-Management Fest of...
This is one of the best videos I have ever come across, magnificently done.
Hi All, I have done my B.Tech from Information science. I wanted to know is there any opportunity in any PSU's for Information science graduate. Any information will be very...