Which programming language do you use daily - and why?

Curious to know which programming language is popular among our fellow CEans and what are the main reasons they're using it. Maybe it is their love for the language or because the project makes it mandatory to use it, even if you don't like it.

I'll get started -

I'm using PHP and a bit of JS - because PHP is the only language I'm familiar with and I'm comfortable with. I'm relatively new to programming, and began dabbling with PHP when we decided to launch CrazyEngineers IO. 

PHP is easy to learn and solves all the problems. Plus, Laravel framework has made it super easy to develop stuff with PHP.

What about you?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Tagging #-Link-Snipped-#‍ , #-Link-Snipped-#‍ , #-Link-Snipped-#‍ , #-Link-Snipped-#‍ , #-Link-Snipped-#‍ , #-Link-Snipped-#‍ , #-Link-Snipped-#‍ 

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya

I am using Embedded C and Python now a days !

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal

I use PHP most of the time because of it's cheap hosting, most of my projects are based on php only, wide support available on google

But these days I am learning mobile apps so most of my time is spent on angularjs 2 and ionic framework

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Ionic looks promising for sure. Any specific reason for choosing Angular and not Vue? I've been hearing all praise for Vue these days and lot of Angular guys are switching over to Vue. Do give it a try. 

PS: Why don't you guys have an avatar yet? ? 

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal

Actually I couldn't find link to update profile there is no edit button

FYI:  I had logged in with google mail

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Hmm. It's in the 'Settings' that opens up right after you click on your avatar in the top navigation. I think it'd be better to put an 'Edit' button right in the profile. 

PS: We are revamping the user profile soon. 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Am an ancient mariner.

In the sixties, Fortran II: seventies, machine language: eighites, various versions of Basic: since 90 stopped programming.

• saandeep sreerambatla
    saandeep sreerambatla

I am using Python and R!past few months for data science and ML.

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    In current project I am using Java, C# and,  groovy (Scripting fork of Java).  

Also, learning Python these days.
    I started learning R for machine learning but couldn't continue after ML 101. 

• yorha 2b
    yorha 2b

Python and Bash at work for network related stuff.

Go & C++ for hobby projects.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Our CrazyEngineers ecosystem now has three apps - Discussions, News and Downloads. These apps were added first because they were a part of our old website. Which app would you...
"Alexa, please change the temperature of the attic to 26 degrees".Here's how combining an Amazon Echo Dot and an Arduino allows you to build a voice-controlled, WiFi-enabled temperature control unit...
The manufacturing environment is changing. With the rapid advancement of new technology, it’s becoming increasingly difficult for manufacturers to find workers with the appropriate training to run the plant. The...
I would like to know the whether we can able to transfer or change the fields from PCB design to VLSI design, because both are the core design I would...
I would like to know various online certification course of VLSI design, will it be useful to get the job, what the exployers are expecting for VLSI designers?