Which plays a major role in an automobile design to be successfull on Indian roads?

1)To create a car with high / maX power?
2)To create a car with high / maX
torque?
(Please dont say both I will give two road conditions . please explain why?)
1)smooth highway
2)Inclined roads(in hill station)
3)busy cities with heavy traffic)
(fuel consumption may be taken into account)
I am waitingggggggggg

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    on surfing I found that Bugatti have an astonishing torque of 1500nm,
    Thar has 247 nm and ford fiesta has 140 nm.I thought that race cars will have low torque as compared to mahindra thar or any other off road vehicles.But I was wrong.Please explain ........
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    torque is nothing but the force which is used for pushing the car against the dead weight of the car and its occupants.

if there is only one occupant in the car, then he will have to dab the throttle lightly, so that the car can be set in motion, using lesser engine torque.

if in case the car is crowded, then the driver has to give more acceleration, due to which more fuel enters the engine, and the car starts moving at a higher engine torque.

if you look at the speed-torque characteristics of an engine, the graph will show that sometimes torque increases while rpm decreases

race car engines may have a greater torque, so as to overcome the weight of the car and the driver and yet move at high speeds.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I'm not sure if it is possible to create such gearing mechanism which keeps changing according to road. Say something like you have to select road mode as mentioned in first post and your gearing mechanism will be adjusted automatically. 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

LG Electronics has launched in the Indian market a new smartphone called the LG Optimus G Pro - the Android 4.1.2 aka Jelly Bean OS running phablet with a 5.5-inch...
Since last few years Auto-makers are in aggressive assault to the Indian auto market. Every month we see few new releases for the cars.Premium MPV has an important role in...
While stumbling at FF I stumbled upon an interesting website and thought of sharing with you all. What do you think does this make any sense??? https://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla -CB
I came across one of the interview with Joseph L. Bower, Professor, Harvard Business School. He talks about an effective CEO, and work for companies committed to leadership development, and...
When ever we see the name of Lamborghini all that a person remembers is the super low version cars Well here is a car to ponder about from Lamborghini in...