Which phone offers great value for money?

Out of thousands of phones available in the market, which phone do you think offers great value for money? I'm not talking about any specific range of phones based on budget, chipset, display or other factors; but overall value offered by the phone for the price you are paying. Consider iPhone, for example. It's been the standard of all major smartphone comparisons. It does offer good hardware; but there are others who beat iPhone hands down in benchmarking tests. But then, iPhone offers a fingerprint scanner - which might be useful for many; given the added layer of security it offers. Plus there are iOS fanboys who'd not settle for anything non 'i'ish.

Consider Moto G. Motorola's leap into the world of budget-friendly smartphone markets. It's overall a great phone with great hardware (for the price) and great software (is getting Kit-Kat).

So if one has to make a decision based on the overall value offered for the price; which phone do you think is #1 and why?

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Micromax is coming up with a good output at cheaper rates and reasonable quality.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I am not very sure of future (It is too early to say how this will perform long term as this has been launched recently), but since last few days, Gionee'e Elife series is catching attention for sure.

Slim, full of features, high end specification and price wise I would say value for money.

I would say Elife E7 in 16000 is a steal.
  • lal
    lal
    If having a finger print scanner makes iPhone great, Jolla is even better. The 'Other half' allows to add a finger print reader, a biometric scanner and what not, as the user wishes 😁 Further, the open source Sailfish OS with amazingly awesome community and Jolla's own support. Not to forget the finest hardware of the device! Literally, there is no limit with a Jolla!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How about the customer service and overall hardware on the platter?
  • lal
    lal
    Customer service and repairs, Jolla has a downside there. They aren't big enough to open up service centers in every nook and corner. But, talks are underway to have allies all around the globe. Soon, they say!

Overall Hardawre, that is of the best possible quality! Atleast that is what I've read from numerous reviews. And when all say the same thing, there is no reason to not believe!
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Nokia has been on top for the past decade due to its better hardware,customer service and I think Nokia and samsung are the best in providing both in all parts of the country(Either if you consider rural or city). If I consider software, Android was loved by many people and if you all sum up this , i would vote for Samsung for its simplicity, software and hardware.
    My vote: Samsung Galaxy Young.
    Micromax lacks good hardware..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Reportedly, Microsoft is planning to cut the price of its much-awaited Windows 8.1 operating system by about 70% for makers of low-cost computers and tablets. Same report by Bloomberg claims...
Im from ECE...... Placed in Tech Mahindra as Associate Software Engineer.. 😀 😀 Need any suggestions or guidelines and which courses i have to learn?
A lot of engineers among us might be trying to go for MBA after their graduation in B.E. or B.Tech.If you face a personal interview for any MBA college, you...
Event: HEADSTART 2014 | Technical Fest Headstart 2014 is Organised by: Chaitanya Bharathi Institute of Technology, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh Headstart 2014 dates: Fest dates: 14th-15th March 2014 Details: The Wait...
I am using a windows 7 operated laptop and I am experiencinga bit of problem now. It somehow got to my laptop through my friend pendrive. I used usb disk...