Which one's the best? Bank Account : Savings with Debit Card and Internet Banking

Hey,
So I was planning to learn the Banking Process (the basics) and need a new Bank Account for LONG-TERM use.​
I know how to make online transactions and use DC/CC online.​
Have used Amazon,Flipkart,ICICI,Infibeam,IRCTC.​

I am 21,studying.​

Here are my requirements :

• Easy to operate,Secure & Hassle-free banking with Good Customer Care (24/7 - direct agent preferred) for all types of transactions.Will also use ATM facilities at least 5 times a month.No "extra" hidden charges.
  • For ATM withdrawals and Online Transactions.So a bank using advanced technologies + good CC is what I'm looking for 😁
  • Minimum balance - Upto 5K is fine.No marketing gimmicks like "Wealth" or "PREMIUM" account.
  • Need a BASIC Savings A/C with a basic Debit Card and Internet Banking.
    These are the most important features I need,no messing up here.
  • Virtual Credit Card is also a must.
  • Any other feature you suggest for the LONG-TERM?

My questions :
  • Is it possible to have a Debit-cum-ATM Card with a customized withdrawal limit to avoid fraud or mistakes?
  • What can I expect from most banks out there?
    What are the most common issues and problems you've faced/known/hate?
I already have a passport and PAN card.​
Any other document required?​

Banks that seem to be good from my research,please VERIFY these :
1)SBI​
2)HDFC Bank​
3)Axis Bank​
4)Bank of Baroda​

I hear ICICI CC is pathetic,a relative had a bad experience so I am not going for it.​

I don't mind traveling if the quality of service is good.
So how would you choose a bank?​
Please list/pm any specific website/source you know.​
Your thoughts,experiences,suggestions are MOST WELCOME [​IMG]

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    SBI needs a little more time to kick start your account

Other banks offer the same feature But make sure to check the minimum balance needed for each bank

If you need a Debit card then you mostly will have to have balance of Rs 500
    In case you need your cheque book as well you will need Rs 1000 as balance

You will need a document that has all your details mostly your voter id and stuff

I felt Canara bank a little okay for me till now all the features a to the expectation in my opinion
  • Phenomenal
    Phenomenal
    Conqueror
    SBI needs a little more time to kick start your account

Other banks offer the same feature But make sure to check the minimum balance needed for each bank

If you need a Debit card then you mostly will have to have balance of Rs 500
    In case you need your cheque book as well you will need Rs 1000 as balance

You will need a document that has all your details mostly your voter id and stuff

I felt Canara bank a little okay for me till now all the features a to the expectation in my opinion
    #-Link-Snipped-# :
    I think SBI is good,a lot of people have recommended it 😀
    Thanks for sharing specific tips. 😁
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Yeah but you will have to wait atleast a week for your account to get activated Have fun banking 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm satisfied with HDFC bank.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    If you can, wait for a year till you land a job. The company will have tie-up with a bank which you'll have to use unconditionally. Managing multiple accounts will soon become a headache.

To answer your questions - ATM cards (debit or plain vanilla) have a daily cash withdrawal limit. Though there is no restriction on swiping debit cards subject to funds in account.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I can recommend ICICI and Axis Bank.
    Those been good with me for years.

SBI (being a nationalized bank) always gives you bank when it comes to documentation required.

-CB

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Seems like 4K Technology is already getting the attention, but still there's some time left before it hits the mainstream market as they need to work on the pricing sector....
India's leading Direct To Home (DTH) service provider, Tata Sky has partnereed with Broadom Corporation (NASDAQ: BRCM) to offer MPEG-4 capable set top boxes all over India. The move will...
Sir Please suggest me some new ideas for B.Tech major Project.I am really very interested in programming.Please suggest some innovative ideas which can be implemented by using C# .net. I...
Rust is the compiled system programming language designed for safe, concurrent & performance programming.The primary objective of the rust language is to ease the creation of heavy client-server application.The veteran...
I am a final year instrumentation engineering student. I have planned to do project on pH automation in sugar industry(sulphitation area). pH being a non-linear parameter, is it possible to...