Which one of these projects is best to work on?

My college has given me an opportunity to work on any one of the project given below:
1) Smart irrigation system using ARM
2)Room automation system using ARM
3) Design of a 8051 kit

Which one is the best to work on?I want to learn from the project i'll be doing. I have a knowledge of 8051 but have no idea about ARM. Please suggest which will be the best.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Out of the three, the first one definitely looks interesting and challenging. I'd like to know more about it. It'd be nice if you could post an abstract or just a brief idea of what's the overall plan. I'm sure if done properly, the project can be useful (and may even find commercial interests).
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    The first two doesnt necessarily needs an ARM processor. I would say think something out of your head. The propsed systems are already very much saturated for prpject. Every year you will find someone making them, even multiples.

Just take a look around in your surrounding. You will surely find some problem which you can address. Its fine if the project is small, but you will have fun creating it from scratch. The surrounding analysis always worked for me.

#-Link-Snipped-#, its just reading the soil moisture level using a sensor and turning on the sprinklers.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well if someone wants to use ARM and make some innovative use of it - we'd never know. That's why it'd be better if we can have more details on the project 😀
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    The_Big_K
    Well if someone wants to use ARM and make some innovative use of it - we'd never know. That's why it'd be better if we can have more details on the project 😀
    Ummm. If this is for projecf then its pretty questionable because it will be heavy under utilization of resources. Same as using a tank to kill a mouse.

@OP, if you can justify the use of ARM then only use it. If its for hobby purpose just go forward but be careful if its for academic purpose.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    yeah suit your self but have in mind the viva voce at the end don't give him to many loop holes in your project
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    2nd one .
  • Priya Nadkarni
    Priya Nadkarni
    Thanx for all your suggestions. The college is providing us with ARM and we have to work on it only. The smart irrigation system is basically dealing with reading the soil moisture sensor, surrounding temperature and many other parameters and switching on the water pump if needed. The data from the sensor is sent to a remote data acquistion system to process and store the data using GSM.
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    miss priya as my suggestions is to go with 8051 family controllers ,because ARM is a very popular controller but it is not to do the project with out going through the complete basics of controller family so, better to go for 8051 kit ok..
  • arunchary
    arunchary
    if your going for ARM project go for ARM 7TDMI controller such that you mean to concentrate on logic and concept which will be interface with controller.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Designing a power supply has many dimensions. Depending on the end use and reliability considerations, additional constraints may be imposed. Pages 12-13 of the Sept issue of Electronic Industry Update...
As quoted by Hari 5 NICE LITTLE STORIES (Read all) 1. Once, all villagers decided to pray for rain, on the day of prayer all the People gathered but only...
We can see what is happening in processor registers in the turbo c and visual c++. Right? I want to know which registers are they ??? Their names and how...
Tagging some of the CEans that I remember [Prototype] durga bioramani vinod1993 jeffrey samuel AbraKaDabra The_Big_K godfather praveen kumar aarthivg
Curious to know whether anyone's ever used the mod_deflate module with apache web server. The module compresses the output from the server before it's sent to the client on the...