Which jobs will have immense growth in the future for computer science graduates?

Hi!
i have just completed my graduation with Computer Science as majors.
I am confused as to what position should i apply for??
i want to get in to the software industry.. what are the different positions that i can apply for as a Fresher.. I have been recommended to join as a software design engineer in test, but while going through few sites i have noticed people saying that testing is not a good choice.. I wanna apply for a job that has immense growth in the future.. please suggest me..

thank You!!

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Smart applications related to collaborative robotics, AI and telemedicine are poised to grow fast. Others here are sure to pitch in with better options.
  • Dnyanesh Gawai
    Dnyanesh Gawai
    meghak
    Hi!
    i have just completed my graduation with Computer Science as majors.
    I am confused as to what position should i apply for??
    i want to get in to the software industry.. what are the different positions that i can apply for as a Fresher.. I have been recommended to join as a software design engineer in test, but while going through few sites i have noticed people saying that testing is not a good choice.. I wanna apply for a job that has immense growth in the future.. please suggest me..

thank You!!
    hello meghak...its all depends upon your interest..if your are coding geek join development...if u dont fantasized about coding and stuff as most of student..then go for testing..look its not about growth...its about whether your are going to be happy with carrier you have as a developer or tester...and both stream provide equal carrier growth..
  • meghak
    meghak
    Dnyanesh Gawai
    hello meghak...its all depends upon your interest..if your are coding geek join development...if u dont fantasized about coding and stuff as most of student..then go for testing..look its not about growth...its about whether your are going to be happy with carrier you have as a developer or tester...and both stream provide equal carrier growth..
    Hi thank u for ur reply.. I am not coding geek.. not into it at all.. so testing would b a good option and could u lemme know if testing require any programming knowledge??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The jobs in the core electronics and software are going to see a huge rise in the coming days. If Indian government's 'Make In India' initiative succeeds, expect lot of jobs creation in these segments.

If I understand correctly, you want to be in the domain that will see huge growth. Your assumption is that you will automatically grow with the growth in domain. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. How do I know? Well, I've observed several domains for over a decade ago. Those who asked the same question 10 years ago are currently working in very different domains than what they thought would grow.

Software QA will continue to exists along with software development, which will try to keep up with the electronics and hardware growth. If you want to be in IT - pick up any domain - viz. development, networking, testing and try to excel in it. That will ensure your career grows independent of the domain you are in.

meghak
    Hi thank u for ur reply.. I am not coding geek.. not into it at all.. so testing would b a good option and could u lemme know if testing require any programming knowledge??
    The testing job does involve coding, when 'automation' takes over. It all depends on the project you are in and what tools it employs. It could be hardcore python programming, VB scripting, Ruby, C# or anything - totally depends on what software you are testing and how you are testing it. You may choose to be entirely into manual testing which might limit your career growth.

Ask as many questions as you want to before taking your final decision.
  • meghak
    meghak
    I have been recommended to take up business analysis.. could u lemme knw the role of it in any company.. how will it benefit me in future

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The mid-sized sedan, Baleno was discontinued in the year 2006-07. Soon after, it was replaced by the Maruti Suzuki SX4. It seems that the company hasn't been able to get...
Hello All I am planning for my Masters in Fall'16. As I am interested in Automobiles, i have decided to get my Masters from Germany. I have researched through websites...
Hello there, I am a new designer and am currently working on a project for a residential home addition of about 500 sf. The new addition will sit on a...
2014 was the year which made our country ,INDIA under the National Power GRID. This major transformation had many advantages and disadvantages in our national power network.... How it would...
What is the resume format for freshers?How it is different from others?