Which is the world’s most powerful computer?

The U.S. Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory recently unveiled its Summit computer as the world’s most powerful and smartest scientific supercomputer. It has a peak performance of 200,000 trillion calculations per second, or 200 petaflops.

StackPath

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

As soon as we get our first Quantum computers, computing will change forever. ? 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Yes.

However, that would probably be the end of the road as well.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Hmm. I think the engineers and researchers are closer than ever. But why'd it be the end of road? 

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Because being a quantum computer, it may be impossible to get the hardware any smaller.

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

L7pl-slide_5.jpg

... they were right. 

• saandeep sreerambatla
    saandeep sreerambatla

Quantum computing is happening , but to get it to a large scale i think it takes good amount of time.

If you go deep into how its working, they are cooling the hardware(some part of it) to 0.02 Kelvin and sending instructions, so it takes time. But for sure once we get that all our current super computers look obsolete.

• saandeep sreerambatla
    saandeep sreerambatla

And adding to this - IBM has very good videos on explaining how it works , and also they are also providing access to us to see how it works! 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Entry of the cycle is manual that my idea is to systemize
They are providing 100% placement guarantee on Stamp Bond paper with agreement. 4 months training program in CAD/CAM. On quora I found some negative feedbacks.I am so confused. Please guide...
Last summer’s eclipse caused a loss of nearly 6 GW of electrical power, giving researchers an opportunity to measure the impact of such a loss on the grid.http://www.machinedesign.com/community/solar-eclipse-tests-grid?NL=MD-05&Issue=MD-05_20180626_MD-05_167&sfvc4enews=42&cl=article_1_b&utm_rid=CPG05000000559845&utm_campaign=18172&utm_medium=email&elq2=ecb0cff90bdf4fe39289ab54a5f7ef65