Which is the 'must learn' sport of all time and why?

We folks are all a bunch of engineers with passion for technology and science. When it comes to sports, we'll have mixed feelings about each sport and it's competitiveness in the real world.

My question is simple : Which sport do you think should be entitled as the 'must learn' sport of all time, and why?

I'd say Swimming. Why swimming?: because:

Advantages:
1. We learn to control the body better, and keep it fit with practice. Thus the Physics of Buoyancy in practice!

2. Best use is at the time of crisis and when we've to perform rescue operations; particularly useful in India due to ample number of rivers.

3. Can be done at almost any age.

4. It's 100% natural.

Feel free to debate over this with any other sport!

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Ok I agree that swimming is a great sport to be indulged in and it helps to maintain both physical and mental health.
    Now its my turn I now I vote for Kabbadi and kho kho.
    most of you wouldnt have heard about it but its a native game of tamilnadu.
    Kabbadi is all about stamina, physical strength and tactics.And I must say that any sport which involves more than one(group) will help in developing cooperation and adaptive nature.
    KhoKho is a group game and it involves speed, tactics and fast decision making.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I personally believe Gilli thandu is a great game

The intensity of concentration, Accuracy and power needed is to high to hit the small wood over the other catchers for a longer ride

In my opinion the games which need more use of the left brain needs to be learnt as they help in overall development of the person

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I stumbled upon a new (apparently) technology for close distance data transfers - called 'TransferJet'. The technology promises to offer speeds up to 560 Mbps (375 Mbps data throughput) at...
how to study power electronics ?? i am preparing for gate.. i just cant understand how to start and proceed?? [please some one guide me.. thank you
HTML5 has long been Google’s favorite web designing tool and to help increase its acceptance among the netizens, Google has released a beta version of its HTML5 development tool called...
Telerik a company has introduced a new testing tool into the market recently, the name of the tool is Test Studio. Features: We can do Functional Testing, with all latest...
This is a scenario based on audio editing As I was editing and merging two audio files I found dithering an most effective tool that helps in removing transition noises...