Which is the most promising, upcoming mobile operating system?

Firefox OS, uBuntu mobile OS, Nokia's Jolla, Samsung's Tizen and the next version of the established operating systems like iOS, Android and Windows - which do you think is the most promising, upcoming mobile operating system?

I believe it's Samsung's Tizen, given the total ownership of the overall hardware Samsung controls (Samsung Tizen Will Be Big Blow To Android (& Google) - Agree / Disagree?).

If I've missed out on any new, promising operating system (mobile), please add it to the list. Do share your comments below.

Replies

• poojim
    poojim
    Maybe you forgot Blackberry's RIM and Amazon Kindle's Fire OS.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    poojim
    Maybe you forgot Blackberry's RIM and Amazon Kindle's Fire OS.
    Well, I didn't consider them because they aren't very promising (IMHO). Why do you think these operating systems are promising and why would they be significant in coming days?
  • lal
    lal
    Its Jolla's Sailfish OS. A group of old employees of Nokia started it. Jolla isn't Nokia's. That is what I understood following Jolla for the past few months.

I'm eagerly waiting for Sailfish OS to hit the market. The latest news is that the first Jolla phone will get in to the hands of a consumer on 26th of this month (delivering the pre-orders). I'm expecting a bit too much from Jolla Sailfish OS.

Ah, so I'm placing my bet on Jolla!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    My eyes are fixed on TizenOS, because first-of-all it is backed by Samsung & Intel, who have already have their developers collaborating in Linux Kernel; hence better latest hardware support. TizenOS is among few LinuxFoundation collaboration projects, that is another big plus. And recently, Samsung & Intel found 36 companies to back TizenOS.The collaboration of two juggernauts are planning something BIG!

Moreover, TizenOS is not only aimed for Mobile as it's Operating System, but TizenOS will even be used as In-vehicle Infotainment, Smart TV & Netbooks too.
    (You may see Broadwell+TizenOS based ultra sleek netbooks soon, where soon = 2015)

And lastly, it uses Wayland display server, which I think is better than M..... (Abhishek! no more Mir versus Wayland talk) 😉
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - What happened to your loyalty to uBuntu? 👀
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @#-Link-Snipped-# - What happened to your loyalty to uBuntu? 👀
    I am (& will remain) loyal to Opensource community, not just Ubuntu.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This thread is created out of curiosity. The question is whom will you vote in General elections next year. Just mention the name of party (without any negative comment for...
Hi, Is there any way to redirect localhost to always redirect to 127.0.0.1 when i type localhost ?? OS: Windows 8 32bit Test Server: WAMP Purpose: Testing Magento. and Admin...
Sachin Tendulkar will become the first sportsman to get India's highest civilian award - Bharat Ratna. I personally do not follow cricket and have always treated every sport equally. I...
Can anyone help me out with the following topics. I need to know about these topics. 1.Zero C.T.E (Coefficient of Thermal Expansion) laminates 2.Thermally Quasi-isotropic laminates 3.C.T.E for special laminates...
Hi everyone, I was thinking to plan a mock test for pharmacy students. I am not sure which platform to choose. there a few online exam providers (which are charging...