Which is the best web programming language?

Which Web Programming Language is Best(php,.net,etc..,)??

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Php is free & have very large developer community & have actively involved in OpenSource community.While some Asp libs can even cost you,that is sad.Platform is main concern in asp, php supports cross-platform.
    Coming to speed asp.net wins over php,compiled lang always defeats interpreted lang.
    Even though I think, PhP is better than Asp, an OpenSource - Crossplatform - high Security.Hence, even facebook & google uses it.
    Edit : My words were messed up, maybe 'cuz i am posting it from android, my cursor messed it up.so, re-arranged it 😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    As always, the answer depends upon the specific use. PHP might be the best choice in some cases while ASP might offer an edge in some. So there can't be a way to give a general opinion which is the best programming language. You'll have to tell us the specific use and requirements so that we can tell you which language could be a 'better' option.

I've personally seen Ruby On Rails taking a lead these days because of the scaffolding techniques it offers. You can literally deploy a twitter clone in < 15 minutes using it.

On the other hand, PHP has been used by several leading portals (including CrazyEngineers). So unless we know what's the specific use, we won't be able to give you a correct answer.
  • palpandi
    palpandi
    I want to learn any one of the language...
    I've interest in both PHP and ASP..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    palpandi
    I want to learn any one of the language...
    I've interest in both PHP and ASP..
    Then pick up any language that interests you more. PHP has a lot of applications in the open source world and there are a ton of companies that recruit ASP.net experts. In reality, language is just a set of instructions that you need to mug up. Once you're comfortable with the 'logic' part and can write algorithms like a pro, you should be comfortable coding in any damn programming language in the world.

...and I've had my friends who 'demonstrated' that to me. He masted PERL in just a week.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Engineers, doesn't matter if you are a BE Civil or a B.Tech Electronics. I have a strong feeling that 90% of engineers want to join IT companies. So what is...
sir, i have heard about the concept of generating power by speed breakers...sir i have a doubt regarding it,,wheather it is used in our country??please clear my doubt sir....
Can someone help me gain clarity on electrical angle and mechanical angle? What are the differences between these two?
What is the Difference between .net framework 3-3.5-4.0??
Main Events 1. Advitiya (Flagship event of Graffiti) 2. XQuizIT (Business Quiz) 3. Mystery Inc. (Crime Scene Investigation) 4. VirtuaLANnihilation (LAN Gaming) 5. Kotler’s Paradigm (Marketing Strategy) 6. Quest Extraordinaire...