Which is the best calling tab in Rs. 10-15K range?

Hi..

My brother wants to get a tab for him, for approx 10-15k.
Here are his requirements :

> Must have calling facility
> Must be able to play high-end games like Asphault 8 , NFS etc.
> Camera : auto focus preferred.

Please suggest the cheapest tablet available which have good review and satisfy above mentioned requirements.

EDIT : I checked out Nexus 7, but that lower model doesn't have calling facility, so should he go for it... ? or check any other...

Thanks.. 😀

Replies

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Seen some of the tablets..

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 T211
    HP Slate 7
    Lenovo Pad A3000

Suggest please..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I personally like Samsung's TouchWiz UI; and would go with Samsung because I've had good experience with their products. However, among the three that you've picked - the Lenovo seems to be more popular among the buyers; getting more number of positive ratings than the other two.

You'd have to consider whether you want the tablet to be Single SIM or Dual SIM; but if later is your choice; the choice seems to be quite obvious - and that is Lenovo.

The HP tablet however scores a bit on the battery front and they do one thing right: keeping the speakers on the front. If possible your brother should visit the showrooms and operate each of these tablets and see which one offers the best user experience.

However, if calling isn't required (calling through a tab is kinda weird!); you should explore other options like Google Nexus Tablet; which offers quite awesome specs and bare bones Android. The tablet would beat others in Graphics performance; I believe.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I personally like Samsung's TouchWiz UI; and would go with Samsung because I've had good experience with their products. However, among the three that you've picked - the Lenovo seems to be more popular among the buyers; getting more number of positive ratings than the other two.

You'd have to consider whether you want the tablet to be Single SIM or Dual SIM; but if later is your choice; the choice seems to be quite obvious - and that is Lenovo.

The HP tablet however scores a bit on the battery front and they do one thing right: keeping the speakers on the front. If possible your brother should visit the showrooms and operate each of these tablets and see which one offers the best user experience.

However, if calling isn't required (calling through a tab is kinda weird!); you should explore other options like Google Nexus Tablet; which offers quite awesome specs and bare bones Android. The tablet would beat others in Graphics performance; I believe.
    Yeah I also feel it really weird to call from a TAB. Ok, if calling is not required, then Google Nexus 7 2012 model would be the best choice I guess... because that would be the one in the range.
    Here it is : Google Nexus 7 2012 Tablet Price in India - Buy Google Nexus 7 2012 Tablet Black 32 Online - ASUS : Flipkart.com
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    You can also buy an oversized phone (5-inch +) if voice calling is absolutely must for your brother. I can dig out a lot of names of tablets from Indian brands that we have covered on VoiCE. But the effort would be futile, if you are not going to give Micromax, XOLO and Spice a chance. 😁
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Ankita Katdare
    You can also buy an oversized phone (5-inch +) if voice calling is absolutely must for your brother. I can dig out a lot of names of tablets from Indian brands that we have covered on VoiCE. But the effort would be futile, if you are not going to give Micromax, XOLO and Spice a chance. 😁
    LOL!
    Stricly NO for them...

I agree the specs they offer are very good considering the price point but after sales service are really very bad. I myself have experienced it and seen how terrible the service center and it's employees are !

While brands like Samsung have nice after sales service too..!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

First Beta of KDE Framework 5 is released. The final release is planned for June. Plasma Next that is built on QT5 is the first transition of codebase to KDE...
ATMs or Automated Teller Machines are very prone to attacks that attempt to break and steal money. A research team from ETH Zurich is set to fight such attacks by...
Recently, Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC was in news for using metallic bodies for its phones. However, new reports suggest that the company is planning to launch its recently released flagship...
Lenovo India has launched its latest Android 4.2 smartphone in India called the Lenovo S660 at a price of Rs. 13,999. Powered by a MTK 6582 1.3GHz Quad Core, the...
Hey guys, I have completed B.Tech in Instrumentation engineering in 2013.I am planning to do post graduation (M.Tech) but I am confused .Wheather i should apply for it now or...