which is better (.net or CCNA)

hi guys
i m doing BE in electronics and communication and i want some suggestions.
which is better frm job point of view .net or CCNA.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: which is better

Adi,

This thread should be a part of "Help Me!" section. Suggestion and feedback is only for suggestion and feedback related to our CE portal 😀

Now regarding your query, certification will always help. I recommend that you should focus on the campus recruitments. The company you join, will train you on .Net / java / etc.

-The Big K-
    P.S:
    Since you are a regular on the CE, please avoid "sms" equivalents. Have a look at CE Common Sense Guide (link available in my signature)
  • aashima
    aashima

Well thats correct that placements should be the major priority at the moment but as far as the choice given by you, I woul suggest you to g for CCNA being in ECE.
  • jayaprakash
    jayaprakash

Hi Adi,
    First i would like know in which year you are ?and My suggestions are if you are in third year and good at programmming go for . NET and not good at programming take up CCNA.
    IF you are in second year you can better go for CCNA because it takes time to complete.
    Another important information keep in mind that don't neglect campus stating that after completing i will study , .net or ccna i can be placed nothing like that .So prepare apptitudes.
  • adi
    adi

jayaprakash
    Hi Adi,
    First i would like know in which year you are ?and My suggestions are if you are in third year and good at programmming go for . NET and not good at programming take up CCNA.
    IF you are in second year you can better go for CCNA because it takes time to complete.
    Another important information keep in mind that don't neglect campus stating that after completing i will study , .net or ccna i can be placed nothing like that .So prepare apptitudes.
    thnx
    i m in 3rd year and i have already done C and C++.
  • jayaprakash
    jayaprakash

Hi Adi,
    you are in third year right. So if you are strong enough in C and C ++ if you think that you can do well in programming go fro . NET its right option. If you think that programming is boring or difficult you can go for CCNA. Study well,What ever you do with interest you can achieve heights .

Take care ........
    BYE BYE.....

• adi
    adi

thank you very much

• adi
    adi

aashima
    Well thats correct that placements should be the major priority at the moment but as far as the choice given by you, I woul suggest you to g for CCNA being in ECE.
    hi aashima,

i want to go in telecom industry, which is better . if there is any other software plz suggest me.
  • akravikanth
    akravikanth
    adi
    hi guys
    i m doing BE in electronics and communication and i want some suggestions.
    which is better frm job point of view .net or CCNA.
    From job point of view, CCNA cant help you, because i had completed CCNA during my second year end. But it wont help me any much. But since i'm interested in Networking, i dont bother about it. Studying CCNA is not a bad thing, but also side by side, learn java particularly network oriented, and this will help you master networking from not only administration point of view, but also from development point of view from ground zero level.

and btw, now i'm pursuing CCNP, because of the obsession with networking, so i can switch over software or network development.
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    My idea is Doing CCNA is ok,

My friend completed and now he is working in an mnc as a network admin with a experiene about 7 years with sal around 1K...

Really😒.

But While in opening , The Dot Net had some speical prices and scale for employees,

Now that to have crash like other programming.

Regards,
    A.Sk...
  • $reehari
    $reehari
    I had completed my b.tech with specification of EEE now I am not understanding that which course suits me
    I know c&c++ I can understand the program but cannot develop it
    I am interested in CCNA so which one I have to prefer?
    Job oppurtunites will be there for CCNA
    I am in interest of doing CCNA & CCNP
    how much time it takes to complete both courses & is it suits my carrier plan?
  • A SudhaKar
    A SudhaKar
    Nice decision reehari.

Network is the future. Since 3g, lte an 5g were picking up . Additionally with cloud and ipv6 , fiber net is growing faster. All networking companies were growing phenomenally. I came through my brother who is working with Citrix , bangalore who said to offer 18 lakh as the basic package for an fresher.

So you can try doing ccna which is almost a 6 month course and ccnp could be bit difficult now. Only after completion of ccna you need to work hard in a networking company and to understand the concept to go for ccnp exams. Since that's not too each without practical knowledge.
  • $reehari
    $reehari
    danx for ur suggestion sir
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    What is important for those who intend to pursue networking is to always ensure you have a strong understanding of the basics, while being aware of the latest advancements in technologies.
  • Stephen B Johnson
    Stephen B Johnson
    How can anything be posted improperly into this thread?
    "The Café - General Discussions On Everything" -- slight sarcasm 😨

In any case, I personally do not pay any attention to certifications. I can quickly determine ones familiarity or knowledge with a simple conversation. I've actually seen people with some certification and I have no idea how they received it because they did not seem to know how to do much with the equipment.

I'm an Electrical Engineer. I can look at the specs, rfcs, protocols, hardware, OS, APIs, whatever and quickly adapt to whatever it is. If I have not seen it before, I'll quickly read about it and learn it in a very short amount of time.

Note: I avoid Micro$oft like the plague. Their designs just irritate me so much that I just avoid using them entirely. That is my personal and professional opinion and I do not have to use them, so I do not.

Other devices like Cisco switches/routers, Alcatel-Lucent routers, Cyan, Ciena, Metaswitch, Arris CATV platform, Ericsson Mediaroom (ok-this was Micro$oft and I actually left the company instead of working with it although I know it well), Brocade switches/routers, etc... Who would have time to get certifications for all of these. Seriously! I'm on these daily or weekly and became fluent in the configuration and operation in a very short amount of time.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    This discussion is about a decade old; and it just remained in Cafe. I've moved it to career help section 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends I completed my B.Tech in electrical and electronics engineering in 2006 and searching jobs give me list of electrical companies to apply for the job ,i am interested...
In this thread you can post good websites whcih you think would be important or interesting for Crazy Engineers. After a good collection has been made, Ill make a nice...
Hello CEans! Just a small update - You may now access General Discussions sections and Technical Discussions section directly through the CE-Portal 😀 ! This picture might explain what I'm...
hi all. well i am new here and this is my frist post. this area looks cool 😀 well herez my format. Name:Bhargav Engineering Trade: Computers Occupation: I am working...
Hi Guys.. I was wondering if anybody is interested in Target Shooting using FireArms.😁 well my hobby is Target Shooting, i take part in Precision shooting and tactical shooting which...