which is beter catia, pro-e etc..

i need a suggestion
here are many course like catia, pro-e, solid works.
which course should i prefer???
😀

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Any, each has its pro and cons. Each is used in different applications. But if you have to leave one, leave Solid Works. Solid Works is not that good.
  • Differential
    Differential
    I don't know about solid works. I felt pro-e little easier than catia, whereas catia has more advanced option. To start with I would recommend PRO-E, and then catia.
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    Catia is very good for surfacing and sheet metal design, while pro-e is good for solid and simulation..
  • Tkelly
    Tkelly
    Do not go for Pro-E, as detailing is difficult in this.
    Solid works is very good and user friendly for solid modelling and Catia is good for
    surfacing and sheet metal. Choose from these two.

Tom

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    It is the first time I have heard someone say solid-works is better than Pro-e in solid modeling.
    Have you tried the latest wildfire version?

P.S. Do not post external link advertising another site without permission.
  • rnnakul
    rnnakul
    Pro-e is definitely better for large assemblies which is why most corprates use pro-e. CATIA is better if you are crazy about ID and wanna pursue that as your career as it has an amazing surfacing tool. Pro-e is widely used and catia is used where they deal with aeronautics basically.
  • Dan68
    Dan68
    Its all about preference. I prefer solidworks since thats what i learned. Iv had a play with pro e and inventor and id rather solidworks. solidworks screens i find more user friendly. pro e could be better on larger assemblies not sure. solidworks has cosmosworks and photoworks etc as add ins rather than completly seperate programs like pro e. I started with solidworks cause i had it so id prob just go with what you can get.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    True.. it is about preference. Im afraid you'll need to try a couple before choosing one you like.

Though I'm not in mechanical engineering, I found designing CAD on Catia is really intuitive and their features are really powerful. I wonder how V6 is going to be like!

.. of course, I'd probably need to sell my car before I can buy it.
  • yejc163
    yejc163
    catia is the better than other one.i use ug before ,but now i use the catia to design our company products. catia is good at the surfce ,it is very easy to fill the surface ,ug and proe is trouble to do the same hole.
    if anyone is use catia or ug NX ,pls add me ,we could communion about these soft to design products

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Solutions to Prevent Contamination - a new information providing website from DuPont Personal Protection DuPont Personal Protection has launched a brand new website dedicated to providing advice and information to...
hello to everyone.......i m new user of CE.......i ant tyo ask u about summer training.......i m doing my engineering in IT......and i m in 3rd year.....my summer training will be...
CEans, I've been searching for one for a long time now but haven't found any. If you are aware of any open source mysql data reporting tool, please let me...
hi every one..i'm doing my graduation project on a wirless lan antenna..i've looked much over the net gathering all informtion i could reach to but i still dont feel certain...
Hi all If I have avoice file (mb3 or wav)file saved in my computer and i want to send it to the parallel port to transmet it to some external...