which graphics card to buy??

I am considering a card based on ATI's HD 4670 or 4650..My budget is around INR 5000/-. I am looking for a mid level graphics which should allow me to play latest games at medium-low settings, and slightly older games at medium - high settings.

Are the above cards ok?? Can you suggest some other card?? Help me please!! ๐Ÿ˜•

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    anyone??๐Ÿ˜•
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What connections does your monitor support?
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    No idea!! ๐Ÿ˜

But its a relatively new LCD monitor (Lenovo) max resolution is 1440 x 900
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Check the back of your monitor. If you see a 'blue' connector like this -

[โ€‹IMG]

then its VGA. It should be there.

Check if there are more (viz. DVI / HDMI / DVI-D) connections. Probably, one of the most important things you should note before you zero in on your graphics card.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    yes, there is a VGA connector..there is one other port given at the back..i think DVI
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ๐Ÿ˜ Which one among these -

[โ€‹IMG]

PS: There are converters available, but why not make an intelligent choice in the first place? ๐Ÿ˜

Your goal is to make sure that your monitor directly supports the graphics card connection.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Connection options:

VGA (D-Sub) and DVI-D(Dual Link)
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    The 4670 is great for its price. Does not need a dedicated power connector.

I've run COD4 at full settings. Resident Evil 5, H.A.W.X and Dead Space runs well on it ๐Ÿ˜€

Mine is the ASUS version (EAH4670). Has the DMI, DVI and the standard VGA outputs. Has a noisy fan at times. Try checking if other versions has a passive cooling option.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    Thanks for the review ash..I've read the same thing, that its a perky little fella..I'm going for the sapphire one, have read that the fan should be ok.

Depending on the rpm, this fan should be very quiet, it almost seems like overkill on a card of this type...
    SOURCE: CPU + GPU & DDRAM Benchmarks, Best Coupon Promo Codes in 2022
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    i think i'll be able to get a decent card with 512MB or 1GB RAM for < INR 5000!! YIPPIE!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Internet Movie Database turns 19 today. On October 17th in 1990 Col Needham published a series of scripts which allowed you to search a lists of credits collected by...
Software of pro E.
can u genrate matlab program for savitzky golay filtering method for matrix data
Endeavour : The open hardware contest All eyes are on YOU, YOU are the one who can bring a change to this World. YOU only need is just an Idea...
Hi All, I write here with a faith that we all share common passion as engineers. We know engineers have been rocking the world by their creativity and passion. Journey...