Which field should I choose? Web or Desktop development.. or Mobile App development?

Hello,

I completed Mechanical Engineering in 2016 and I was not familiar with the Mechanical engineering concepts as I feel it's boring. So after completing my degree, I started Core Java course. Now I am in a confusion about choosing the software development field.

When I asked from my seniors, someone is recommending me to choose Desktop App developer, someone is recommending me to choose Mobile App developer field.

I need guidance from the experts in this community. Which field should I choose? Software Developer or Mobile App developer? Which is the best field in terms of career growth and future demand?( out of Android and IOS, which field has more growth?)

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mobile developers are 'software developers'. If you're all set to enter the software development field, you should focus on the technology / language domain. You've mentioned that you're taking a Core Java course. Do you find it interesting? Are you good at writing Java code? If yes, you may quickly switch to Android programming which has its base in Java.

Also keep in mind that once you are familiar with writing code; you can very well expand your knowledge to SWIFT programming language used for iOS apps.

My recommendation is that you should focus on making yourself expert in Java and understand how OOP works. Once that is done - learning a new language won't be too hard.

Also, instead of concentrating on Android or IOS, only think about getting into the industry first and building experience. There will be newer technologies entering the markets; so keep learning and keep growing.

Does this help?

PS: I'd strongly recommend that you should get registered on our latest venture: #-Link-Snipped-# - it allows you to ask your career related questions privately to the experts and get personalised help.
  • Nitin Pahwa
    Nitin Pahwa
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mobile developers are 'software developers'. If you're all set to enter the software development field, you should focus on the technology / language domain. You've mentioned that you're taking a Core Java course. Do you find it interesting? Are you good at writing Java code? If yes, you may quickly switch to Android programming which has its base in Java.

Also keep in mind that once you are familiar with writing code; you can very well expand your knowledge to SWIFT programming language used for iOS apps.

My recommendation is that you should focus on making yourself expert in Java and understand how OOP works. Once that is done - learning a new language won't be too hard.

Also, instead of concentrating on Android or IOS, only think about getting into the industry first and building experience. There will be newer technologies entering the markets; so keep learning and keep growing.

Does this help?

PS: I'd strongly recommend that you should get registered on our latest venture: #-Link-Snipped-# - it allows you to ask your career related questions privately to the experts and get personalised help.
    I decided to go for Application development field, I am little confused to choose from Android and iOS. Which one is better in terms of career ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
  • Nitin Pahwa
    Nitin Pahwa
    Thanks, Now I get your point.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Currently, we are in a science-based society where technology has distributed its tentacles in various sectors including defense and security. A group of Scientists from Moscow Institute of Physics and...
In what could prove to be a real breakthrough for impoverished regions around the world, scientists from Stanford University have proposed an accurate way to identify poverty in areas previously...
Quite awesome - the Government of India has decided to scrap the custom duty on electronics of value up to Rs. 50,000. The official notification is available here: https://dgft.gov.in/Exim/2000/NOT/NOT16/NotificationNo. 22(E).pdf...
​Texas Instruments Inc. in collaboration with Department of Science and Technology(DST) proudly announce the 'DST & Texas Instruments Inc. India Innovation Challenge Design Contest 2016', Anchored by the Indian Institute...
i wonna to desgin robot like these robot use in amzon the name of robot kiva system see the link: and see plllz i need to know the compound