Which External HDD is good?

Hi Friends, I need to buy a new Portable External HDD (1Tb), but after reading reviews at many sites for Seagate and WesternDisk(WD), I am in confusion.

I want your reviews which Portable HDD will be good for me.

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Always go with Western Digital ... either external or internal.😀
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I second Anoop. Western Digital is better choice.
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    I read that new WD Passport Essential (1 TB) disconnected very easily with a shock.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I am using it from last one year and have no problem.....
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    WD FTW!!! Go for it. Anytime best over Seagate.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Western Digital External hard disk (1 TB) , I am using since an year and its working exceptionally well.
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    After reading reviews of you people, there is no more confusion at all. WD is best. 👍

Thanks everyone.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm looking to buy an external 1TB HDD. I've decided to go with Western Digital. I've read the reviews and while are outright positive, some of the people have been complaining that they faced issues with -
    1. Reduced data transfer rate.
    2. Data loss after few months of use.
    3. Computer (Windows) failing to recognize the HDD after a few weeks of use.
    I understand that these could be device specific. But if such problems arise, does WD offer replacement or data recovery facilities? Tagging @#-Link-Snipped-# and @[Prototype].
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Currently using two external WD my passport 3.0 usb hdd, 1TB (2 years) and 2TB(5 months) with 3 years of warranty. Never faced any problem.Though I have registered my hdd online.
    With latest 2TB i am getting around 80MBps constant speed , which starts from 180MBps and decreased to 80MBps in 30 sec.

With WD locker and backup manager software, file-system of hdd will not be accessed unless you run the software and unlock it.Also you can remember your password to specific system so no need to enter password every time.
    Also my internal desktop Hdd is also WD, 10/10 to WD from my experience till date👍.

Replacement: On support page they have service center in India and this is the policy
    We will ship you the replacement product after we have received your defective product. You have 30 days from the date the RMA is created to send us your defective product. Please see below for more details about this service:
    • 20 products per request
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    Its more than one year with WD external HDD, and there is no issue with it.
    I am totally satisfied with this. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I would like to know if it is possible to inference a GSM device in an electronic lock and make it work with a help of a mobile device instead...
hello guys i am an engineering student of muffakham jah college of engineering ,hyderabad... and i would like to introduce myself with the world and become a good member of...
It has just been few days since Android Jelly Bean was made open source and soon after that CyanogenMod team has come up with their own flavor of Jelly Bean...
Kiran Bedi attracted a lot of flak for this specific tweet of hers. Kiran Bedi ‏@thekiranbedi Pubs attract hooliganism and violence just as holy places attract peace and devotion! Its...
the use of mathematics have revolutionized the medical world . first time mathematics was used by Gregor mendel and since then it's usage is tremendously increased in medical world .Biologists...