Which engineering branch is best at this time?

which branch is best at this time, so that at the time of its completion I will get the job?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: engineering branch

Read this post: #-Link-Snipped-#
  • sangili123
    sangili123
    my point of view mechanical and civil is the best for engineering study will get the job... By sangili......
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    There is nothing like a best engineering branch. No one can guarantee you a job. Believe in yourself and your strength. Stop sulking and work hard.
  • *pushkar*
    *pushkar*
    CSE is the best. There are many companies for IT Students but its all depend upon your interest. Select the one in which you have your own interest. Good Luck
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There's no 'best' branch as such. How can anyone confidently say that once you graduate "CS" will be the hottest? It could be Civil or Electrical or any other branch. Rather, go with the branch that you are interested in. It will make you a better engineer and quality engineers will always be in GREAT demand.

By the way, why are you opting for engineering? Even B.Sc students get recruited in IT companies these days. The level of IT in India is going down, day by day. Good luck.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    We can anyhow discuss this topic on lines for those who are planning to sit for campus interviews and want branch with plenty of jobs.
  • R.Ramya
    R.Ramya
    ECE & civil
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Right now if you see, almost all the branches have the same kind of placements. And specifically Non-IT/CS branches have more placements compared to the IT/CS, because of they are the core ones. ๐Ÿ˜€

If you select a random branch and do exceptionally well, you will get placed for sure. Everything depends on your academic and co-curricular performance. ๐Ÿ˜€ This is my experience. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Aman g
    Aman g
    THere is nothing like best branch in engineering
    all branches are gud
    however core branches are always preferred by companies like CSE ECE MECHANICAL ELECTRICAL CIVIL and CHEMICAL
    one can also go for BIOTECH as its a vry gud branch for those who have an interest in biology
    overall every branch in engineering is gud ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€
    just believe urself
  • jhonman1213
    jhonman1213
    Mech. and Electrical is the best one all the times.

PTU center in Chandigarh
  • Avinash Saini
    Avinash Saini
    And what about power?
    As you all know, all the fields like mechanical CS, ECE, electrical depends on power & in coming years their will be many power plants going to be established.

What are your views regarding it?
  • Prashant Munshi
    Prashant Munshi
    Engineering is itself one of the branches of science dealing in the measurements with utmost precision and practical implementation of scientific principles. I myself an Electrical and Electronics engineer, have worked on boilers maintenance for about 18 long years and then in the field of computers another equal number of years and scoring success and public recognition. Engineering is an aptitude and attitude, not a means for getting jobs. Jobs are there for everybody let alone engineers; depends upon your liking, inclination and aptitude. I agree with most of here who has said every branch is good. Excellent guidance here in some of the posts above.
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    *pushkar*
    CSE is the best. There are many companies for IT Students but its all depend upon your interest. Select the one in which you have your own interest. Good Luck
    What is the full-fom for CSE?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    safiajen0055
    What is the full-fom for CSE?
    CSE stands for Computer Science Engineering - basically another name for 'Computer Sciences'.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    It all depends on your interest and enthusiasm.

research about all the branches, in detail and check out what each deals with, and what will be the contribution of an engineer, from a particular branch to the society, and based on that make your choice.
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    The_Big_K
    CSE stands for Computer Science Engineering - basically another name for 'Computer Sciences'.
    Thanks a lot...
  • MPH
    MPH
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There's no 'best' branch as such. How can anyone confidently say that once you graduate "CS" will be the hottest? It could be Civil or Electrical or any other branch. Rather, go with the branch that you are interested in. It will make you a better engineer and quality engineers will always be in GREAT demand.

By the way, why are you opting for engineering? Even B.Sc students get recruited in IT companies these days. The level of IT in India is going down, day by day. Good luck.
    All Engg branches their scope.But from career perspective its not same for all streams.While evaluating a branch in terms of career opportunities than its only and only Computer Science that can be regarded as the best.Because most of the high flying Engg jobs in this era are in IT/Software.Electronics/Electrical Engineers have very less core jobs and thats why after spending 4 yrs in EC/EE lab they finally has to fallback on IT.IT boom has helped other Engineers(not only computer sc) also to get job.Else many of them would have worked in dairy pharm...or just go ahead with an MBA and then work in some other sector.This may sound bad for some but this is what is the reality atleast in Inida.Many top IT companies prefer CSE and and CSE engineers do whatever they studied.But the case is pathetic for other branches.Whats the connection of Electrical lab and a Java developer?????.Besides,the fact that a CSE cannot be compared with Bsc(IT).Bsc IT or never get job in good companies.....even if they get the profile and salary cannot be compared with a guy having BE.Have you ever heard Google,Amazon kind of companies hiring a BSc IT with 12 lpa or so???So get your facts right and give only practical things not the theories.

Branches will be as follows in order of career-

1)CSE
    2)ECE
    3)EE/Mech
    4)Civil/Chem
    5)Others

**Please note that branch may not matter after 5-6 yrs of experience

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been hearing from multiple sources that the leading IT companies, that went out for magnanimous campus recruitment, offering jobs to complete batches on some occasions have delayed the joining...
Find the link bet. the person and the logo...๐Ÿ˜ก
Hello guys I have my GRE scheduled @ end of August'11. Can somebody help me with the study material and how to start preparing for the Quant Section? Like recommending...
Artificial Intelligence is interesting??????????
I believe this project idea hasn't been done before and you can pick it up for your final or third year engineering project. The idea is about development of a...