Which branch will get government job easily - Civil or Mechanical?

please,i am cofused whether i should take civil or mechanical engineering in btech.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

The 'branch' does not make it easy or difficult to get a job. Hiring, at government or private companies is mostly driven by two things: skills and experience. 

Of course, branch would come into picture if you have figured out what kind of government job you wish to get in. However, you have not specified it. 

If you like working in the civil domain - go with Civil engineering, else pick up Mechanical engineering. The key here is to acquire relevant job skills which will make it easier for you to get the job. 

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

India is building several mega projects, so infrastructure development is definitely a booming sector right now. Civil and Mechanical engineers are already seeing a change in the number of vacancies in government jobs, thanks to Metro development, railroads connectivity, and smart cities.

It all comes down to what you would like to do. If you choose a branch just for the sake of 'better job opportunities', you will be in trouble my friend, some 7-8 years from now as you would start hating it if it's not the job that interests you. You will find any job exciting if you enjoy the underlying subject matter.

I'd suggest that you carefully choose a branch after going through the entire 4 year syllabus of each and see what appeals you.

• abhijeet chandak
    abhijeet chandak

I think it depends on the capability of the candidates, government jobs are likely to get for every person.

Of course, the branch would come into the picture if you have figured out what kind of government job you wish to get in. However, you have not specified it. 

If you like working in the civil domain - go with Civil engineering, else pick up Mechanical engineering. The key here is to acquire relevant job skills which will make it easier for you to get the job. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am interested in machine learning but most of the  fellows are telling that it is very difficult so please clarify my doubt and if possible tell me path for...
i have some knowledge on these exams but i didnt know exact information so please clarify thease things,thank u.
I am from Electronics back ground and I am working as Traniee Software Developer.I dont have enough knowledge about programming skill (i.e  C++programming) . Should I quit the job and...
Which is the best project center in chennai?
Is it offence to make mobile number appears as 'Private Number'? Why do people hide their numbers while making calls?Can anyone make their mobile number 'Private'?Is there any cons of...