View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12831 Members
Join this group to post and comment.

Which branch will be better for female for M.Tech?

I have completed my graduation in civil engineering and preparing for GATE. I want to know which branch is better for mtech as a woman

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Dec 1, 2018

@Ankita Pal - do you see any issues with continuing in the Civil Engineering field? There are several career options you may have as a Civil engineer. 

There are several software tools which you could learn and find a career as a designer. I've been hearing about BIM (Building Information Modelling). Do explore the field. 

This softwares are not taught to Mtech in structure or Mtech in design ?

How about infrastructure construction and management?

IIT Kanpur offers it. I know a couple of civil engineering women doing quite well in airport design and management.

In which she is interested. I believe every branch is equally better for male as well as female as it is open for both. It is just a matter of efforts that you can give.😍 

DM update
DM update • Jul 3, 2019

It depends upon your interest and the branch you have studied in B Tech . If you have studied B Tech CSE , go for MTECH CSE . My point is that choosing the same branch you have studies in Btech will be more beneficial for you. Like My brother has done B Tech CSE from Chandigarh Group Of Colleges Landran and now he is pursuing M Tech CSE from same college. He has choose same branch in M Tech.

Share this content on your social channels -