Which Are The Most Unbiased Media Houses/News Channels?

I want to know which are the most unbiased media houses in India and the World. They may be newspaper, Electronic media or any Radio channel or blogs etc.

This thread is in connection with Prakash Javadekar's speech a few days ago to make Prasar Bharati more professional like BBC.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The day media start thriving on the advertisements, it ceased to remain independent. There's not ONE media house anywhere in the world that's completely unbiased and independent. Why? Because the ecosystem's build like that.

Right now, all you see is one sided reporting on Gaza. They'll show what looks sensational on camera. Period.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yup. That was one of the reasons I posted this thread. Rarely any media is showing the Israeli side. Most are concentrating on miserable conditions of Palestinians.

Being a viewer we want neutral reporting. Then leave it to the viewers to decide how to build their opinion.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    If a person has a keen interest in topics such as - politics, society, religion, etc., I agree with you when you say it is often difficult to accept that the information we are receiving might be coming from unbiased sources.

If you are on the Internet and want some good news sources that has a chance to be fair, you can take a look at some of these -

1. Wikinews.
    Wikinews
    Check their coverage of Israel news -
    Category:Israel - Wikinews, the free news source

2. Alternet
    Alternet.org
    Their mission describes them as “award-winning news magazine and online community that creates original journalism and amplifies the best of 100s of other independent media sources.”

3. The Real News
    The Real News Network
    On their website's page you will see few words written in bold capitals -
    "NO ADVERTISING, GOVERNMENT OR CORPORATE FUNDING"
    You can go through the stories written on their various sections and decide for yourself if they sound authentic to you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir, I'm working as a Manual Tester for 1.3 yrs and love my job. But I'm interested in Penetration Testing. My doubt is if I plan to do a course...
Flipkart will announce $1 billion in fresh funding from its old investors - Tiger Global, DST Global, Accel Partners and others; making it the biggest round of funding EVER by...
need a book to study basics of civil engineering. moments,stress,forces,materials,etc. can anybody please suggest a relevant book.
Name: Bhargavi Kulkarni *Engineering Trade: Computers Location: Mumbai *Occupation: Working as Web Tester (Manual) Work Experience: Worked as an Application Tester *Hobbies & Interests: Reading(No other option fr a student,...
If, for example, I have an input to my arduino, if it matches the certain value, I want to output the word MATCHED on a black and white screen. But...