1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Which app are we supposed to install for learning IoT?

Question asked by supriya VN gowda in #Programming on Jan 22, 2020
supriya VN gowda
supriya VN gowda · Jan 22, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

To learn IOT what app should I want to install and suggest a way to learn IOT. 

Posted in: #Programming
saandeep sreerambatla
saandeep sreerambatla · Jan 22, 2020
Rank B3 - LEADER

IOT is a vast field. What do you mean by learning IOT. IOT is nothing but some hard ware that collects data. 

Let's take one example, in apartments there is CCTV which captures videos that's IOT, the captured video is data and what you make of out data lies within you. You can find patterns or you can identify people , cars and strangers etc.,

Another example, there will be sensors in bigger cars on how was the acceleration and braking system applied in this case you will collect the data of the speed and braking torque and you can calculate how that impacted and predict what might happen with different speeds etc.

Next your phone it collects a lot of data about you like how many steps you have taken what's your blood pressure etc etc you can take the data and analyse the patterns. 

So in a nutshell IOT is devices collecting data and you have to make use of that data to take certain decisions.

Swarup Pan
Swarup Pan · Jan 22, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

This app thing to learn any new thing is very overrated.
I personally prefer to learn anything browsing the web. There are plenty of more options and websites available to learn IoT. You can checkout Edx, Coursera, NPTEL, Udemy, etc. 

Find a proper course that suits your level as a beginner and go through it and then fall in love with it. Don't run for any app or paid courses. These are not that much helpful. 

IoT is a very promising field, explore it. All the best for you buddy.

Karshil Sheth
Karshil Sheth · Jan 24, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

There was subject in our college and we did learn IOT using tutorials available on edureka. For making   project we use IOT BOLT App as it had better information and was a suitable application for our project. So you can understand the Life cycle of IOT application, All the hierarchy and as well as the Applications and use cases in day to day life.

Please check youtube for more IOT videos as they have better contents then blog. As the field is new over here, there is not much resource in the written form. Hence I surf you tube mostly for IOT related queries and projects.

Ashraf HZ
Ashraf HZ · Jan 25, 2020
Rank A2 - PRO

Hi Supriya, are you approaching learning IoT from the perspective of a programmer? (just asking since this thread is posted in #programming channel). I see some of CEans have already posted good resources. If you'd like to know more in specific areas of IoT, do let us know so we can help better.

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up