Whether PG is considered as overqualfication or really needed for R&D in MNC?

I want to get PG from IIT. But some of my professor telling that, "PG is good option if you prefer lecturer job. Otherwise no need.".

I don't want lecturer job, but want to be in higher position in the MNC company( in R&D of the company ). My thought is that, UG is not enough to get such a higher position in MNC company.

Suggest your ideas to me CEans

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Man,

Most of the companies treat MTech and Btech guys as same(specially in computers field). Even spending 2 years in Mtech is almost same as working in an MNC. Getting higher position in an MNC depends on your capability ,brains and smartness in doing work.

To correct you, it is not necessary that higher positions people do(or get) R & D work. If you have desired capabilities and curiosity of learning things you can get R & D work.

So my take is UG is also more than enough for achieving a higher position in MNC.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Hmmm..Thanks for your suggestion
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    PG is not that good compared with 2 years of experience.

But if you master in Information Security and few other fields you might have a chance to get into research job .
    So if your take is to complete in IIT then go for specialized courses rather than normal courses such that you get research jobs.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Ceans, Well Protel is a very good tool for the PCB designing here I am going to post a introduction and basic function tutorial for you people after this...
I guess this is my first proper post.Really glad i found this forum:smile::smile:. Idea for society(which i don't know if feasible😒):I was just thinking.We see many tailors working at almost...
This idea came in my mind when I was surfing the CE forum. What if we make a standalone application especially built for CE. I thought deeply about this project....
Hi I am computer engineer but not a qualified engineer. I need to know about the way object oriented design works. i.e. everything about classes and its relationships with its...
Hi all crazy CEans!! I have a great idea to increase the number of active member. When I first got the idea & I contacted godfather for help. He said...