Whether MOL is pH booster or neutralizer?

MOL(milk of lime) is used in sugar industies for maintaining pH.I am confused whether it is used as booster or neutralizer!

Replies

• Apurwa.Thakur
    Apurwa.Thakur
    It is not use to maintain pH but to remove impurities from sugar juice .👎
    it increase alkalinity.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    ANU SEKAR
    MOL(milk of lime) is used in sugar industies for maintaining pH.I am confused whether it is used as booster or neutralizer!
    The pH of MoL is about 12.3.
    If you add this to something of lower pH, naturally the pH of the mix will go up. If the starting pH is acidic and it reaches 7 you can call it neutralizing. If the starting pH is already 7 the resultant pH goes alkaline and it may be termed boosting. It is semantics anyway.
    The basic issue is that addition of MoL will increase the pH of the mix. Call it what you may.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Not quite like turning water into wine, but GlassBridge impresses with its ability to turn Android apps to Glass apps. Glass runs Android, which is convenient, only it does not...
Education sector, government jobs in India is generally based on reservation quota. These reservation system helps to bring up students. On the other hand, talented student miss there chance. Bring...
KFC is the second largest chain of fast food restaurant which specializes in fried chicken. Also it has made a great marketing in India. I doubt, why Indian Idli, which...
UK's government wants to speed up the travel and don't want you to wait hours in flight while traveling from UK to Australia. They want to shorten the travel time...
hi friends presently am working on Mentor Graphics PADS ,as i installed on Windows Xp its working coming to Win7 getting licence issue, any body know what to do ?....