Where to Start Learning Hacking?????

Hi, everyone
can anyone tell me where to start learning hacking?
i have tried many times but i can't find a suitable book or reference.
sometime they are completely theoretical and sometimes too much complicated..
plz advice me from where to start ?
Should i try some books or websites?
can u advice me a suitable book for beginners?
plz help.............i would be too much grateful
sushil

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I think there're a couple of good books by Ankit Fadia. Have you tried them?? There is an institute in Pune which offers courses in ethical hacking, not sure about the name though!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I hope you are referring to ethical hacking and have no intentions to go in for cracking. The starting point should be getting the difference between hacking and cracking clear.

What say you? ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sushilcoolest
    sushilcoolest
    The_Big_K
    I hope you are referring to ethical hacking and have no intentions to go in for cracking. The starting point should be getting the difference between hacking and cracking clear.

What say you? ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yeah, of course i m referring for ethical hacking...........Just wanna learn it so that i can protect myself from bad guys...But cant make where to start..
  • sushilcoolest
    sushilcoolest
    mad_scientist
    I think there're a couple of good books by Ankit Fadia. Have you tried them?? There is an institute in Pune which offers courses in ethical hacking, not sure about the name though!!
    Actually... i m having my summer vacations and i have already joined java training....so i don't have much time for another course.... i wanna learn it at home by myself...Do you think Ankit Fadia books are good for beginners???? I have just downloaded them...but not tried yet..
    Actually i have downloaded a lot of books...hacking for dummies,Reverse Engineering etc.. but can't figure out which one is best for me....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ethical hacking begins with understanding of operating systems & computer fundamentals. It's an art that you need to develop on your own. Ankit Fadia's books might be a good point to start for a complete novice. They cover all basic tips & tricks on ethical hacking.

There are lots of websites where you can learn basic system hacks. Typically every new hack you implement is combination of tricks you've picked up elsewhere.

CE can be a good place to post your queries. We've lots of Comptuer Gurus here who know most of the things about computers.
  • NIMISH PRABHU
    NIMISH PRABHU
    i remember i had those hacking books
    i might just find them if i search around
    can i post here download links?
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    NIMISH PRABHU
    ...can i post here download links?
    If those are illegitimate downloads, I'm not sure whether the mods will allow!! You can post the names of the books though, that is not illegal ;-)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We refrain from doing anything illegal. ๐Ÿ˜€ [Just our little way of making world a better place to live. ๐Ÿ˜€ ]
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    @ sushil
    there are few points i wud like to make clear to u...
    1]
    Just wanna learn it so that i can protect myself from bad guys...
    .are u interested in only learnin to protect urself from the bad guys ??? or do u wanna learn for some other purpose...it cud be destructive or just for pure fun/educational purpose !!

cos if u just wanna learn to protect urself from bad guys then i suggest u stick to good anti viruses and firewalls. cos the effort involved is not worth it.

if it comes under other category then u can learn it at the proper level but its on ur moral responsibility watever u do..

2]first i wanna know wat is ur proficiency level with computers cos it depends a great deal on how much u know abt playin with them.

3] also depends on how deep u wanna go into hackin..

n 1st of all make sure if its crackin u wanna learn or hackin..incase u dunno the diff..google it out..ull get it easily..spare the members ๐Ÿ˜›

depending on ur answers ill provide further assistance ...

@others...
    no offence meant but ankit fadia books are waste..only newbies shud find it "amazing" !!
    they shud touch upon wat the basic methods are n do not actually teach anything...
    n ill tell u guys ..more than 80%of the stuffs mentioned there do not work these days with advanced security and latest versions of os n softwares.

times n systems hav changed..but the books hav remained old..i hope there havent been any recent publications from him as i havent seen any..m speakin on the basis of the old ones which are usually available for download on the net these days...
  • jamy
    jamy
    Hi,

I think one should go through computer / network fundamentals before proceeding with Hacking (I mean ethical hacking). Unless you have sufficient knowledge abou the system , you will not understand the loopholes in the system.

Let me give you brief idea,

There are two different terminologies,
    Hacking and Cracking

Hacking : The act to unveil the loopholes in the system but not to gain any kind of financial benifits.

Cracking : Its an act to break the system intentionally to gain financial / any other advantage out of it. Generally cracker keep the loop holes open so that he can have backdoor entry to the system as and when required.

Hackers are supposed to be people who actually helps you to find out vulnerabilities in the system.

You can have N no. of ways to hack a system.
    You can break a system (Server/OS)
    You can get access to services and use it as per your convineince.
    You can get access to Network devices thereby controlling the connectivity and data flow
    You can access critical data from system by using technequies like SQL injection. You can have session hijacking, also known as man-in-middle attack etc.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wow! Jamy! Welcome back! Nice to see you here, sire! ๐Ÿ˜€
    [PS: Please post a short introduction in our introductions section: #-Link-Snipped-#]
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Wow! Jamy! Welcome back! Nice to see you here, sire! ๐Ÿ˜€
    His joining date doesn't suggest so...

Learn Windows \ Linux file system before proceeding for hacking.

-CB
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    i have resently creat the thread "how to get moment of any computer?"
    so plz see it
  • 4dvanceboy
    4dvanceboy
    Hey, what's the problem man. You should learn basic first and read about how internet work and how server respond and try challenges on hackthissite.org or any other site which is related to it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, can someone please tell me how to get the spatial frequency of the image in MATLAB. I want to be able to plot the frequency against the x or...
My hello to all CEans. I am a Mechanical engineer working in Aerospace field in Bangalore, India. I came across this site through word of mouth (a colleague in my...
Finally: Official Google Blog: Introducing the Google Chrome OS Google Operating System is coming and it's going to be called 'Chrome'. While Google is building an operating system from scratch,...
Folks, I can't believe this: Slowdown? Cognizant to promote, hike employees' salaries- ITeS-Infotech-The Economic Times What do you think?
hello, please suggest the mechanical project which is easy to understand and less costly please.