Where to start a project work?

Hey guys. I'm studying CSE right now. I know Java, C++ and C# to some extent. But the thing is i don't know where to start in terms of project work. I know the languages themselves but i dont know how to actually apply them. There are so many tools that are used that i'm really not sure how and where to start.

Any suggestions???

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    indianapple
    Hey guys. I'm studying CSE right now. I know Java, C++ and C# to some extent. But the thing is i don't know where to start in terms of project work. I know the languages themselves but i dont know how to actually apply them. There are so many tools that are used that i'm really not sure how and where to start.

Any suggestions???
    One of the common problems faced by lots of students. Take my word - you won't 'really understand' the computer language unless you put it to use. I've few suggestions to get you started. Of course, if this is not what you are looking for, ask specific questions!

We have been thinking about building small pieces of software for CEans. Do take a look at our CE Labs section. Secondly, there are thousands of students on CE who want help with programming and their projects; maybe you could offer them help with programming. I'd also encourage you to start contributing to open source projects; to start with you might develop a simple 'latest discussions on CE' toolbar for firefox.

This should get you started. Waiting for more questions/queries from you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am new to this site. I am not able to post message . Please help.
CEans, Before I begin, please be informed that this interview may not happen. Right now I have a mail from Tata Motors asking for the questions. So I'm seeking questions...
Hello Friends, I am Shashidhar, need to assemble my own PC . Please suggest me which are all the good parts i can invest on. I have a list of...
CEans, We are the engineers and we make the world a better place. Popular Mechanics recently published list of top 10 engineering innovations of year 2008. Check out the following...
Hello, I am require to write a program module to convert a Hex digit passed to it in the lower nibble of Accumulator A to its ASCII character code. The...