Where can I download JSDK 2.0 servlet runner?

hi ,
anybody who reads this please tell me wher can i find jsdk2.0 servlet runner for download bcos my exams r nearing n i ve to practice my java programs.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Note: Please do NOT use SMS language while posting on CE Forums.

Taken from: #-Link-Snipped-#

The servletrunner is located in the bin directory of the JSDK. As an example, I've installed the JSDK in a directory named C:\JSDK2.0 on my Windows PC, so the servletrunner is located in C:\JSDK2.0\BIN.

Starting Servelet Runner:

You can start the servletrunner in a variety of ways, but here's how I do it:

1. Create the servlet you want to deploy to your web server.
    2. Copy the servlet to the C:\JAVA\JSDK2.0 directory.
    3. Open a DOS window (Unix users: open a terminal/console window or telnet session). Use the cd command to move to the C:\JAVA\JSDK2.0 directory.
    4. On a Windows PC, I start the servletrunner by running a small batch file I created for this purpose (see Listing 1).
    5. Open Netscape (or another browser).
    6. In Netscape, I enter the URL for the servlet to be tested. As an example, if the servlet is named myservlet, the URL will be "https://localhost:8080/servlet/myservlet". (Note that the servletrunner listens on port 8080 by default.)
    7. At this time, the output of your servlet should appear in your browser.
    Note that if you have a more complicated Java servlet that requires the passing of parameters to the servlet, you'll have a few more steps to follow before starting the servletrunner.

REM 
    REM  SRUNNER.BAT 
    REM  ----------- 
    REM 
    REM  PURPOSE:  Run the JSDK 'servletrunner' 
    REM 
    REM  JDK installed in C:\JAVA\JDK1.1.5 
    REM  JSDK installed in C:\JAVA\JSDK2.0  set PATH=C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND;C:\JAVA\JDK1.1.5\BIN;C:\JAVA\JSDK2.0\BIN  
    set CLASSPATH=C:\JAVA\JSDK2.0\LIB\JSDK.JAR;C:\JAVA\JDK1.1.5\LIB\CLASSES.ZIP  
    bin\servletrunner -d . 
    Hope this helps.
  • siyawatch
    siyawatch
    Here is the link for JSDK 2.0

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi,i m second yr mechanical engg student..can anyone pls tell me about the jobs and companies regarding mechatronics nad control systems..??

hi

hi to all the engineers.
Hello friends, In Excel i have master table like name, age, phone_no, mail_id i must split this into two detail table like one having name n age and othet having...
Hi friends, I am going to design a COMPLEX FIR FILTER here. Any one who are interested can actively join me.
There is a Rule that gives you the Right to refuse voting. Section 49-0 seems to give you that right..... This could mean Re-election and dsqualification of all the candidates!!...