WheelChair Using Trackball

Hello Crazy Engineers..
I'm planning to design a Wheelchair controlled by a remote wirelessly.

1. What are the Parameters should i be aware of?
2. If I'm going to stimulate my output can i go for LabView or is there any better tools?

Please Help me guys...

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    deal2die
    Hello Crazy Engineers..
    I'm planning to design a Wheelchair controlled by a remote wirelessly.

1. What are the Parameters should i be aware of?
    2. If I'm going to stimulate my output can i go for LabView or is there any better tools?

Please Help me guys...
    for 1st question you must be aware with distance because it is wireless and dealing with people and many points effect that
  • Hari Prasath
    Hari Prasath
    narayana murthy
    for 1st question you must be aware with distance because it is wireless and dealing with people and many points effect that

Planning to use RF for wireless control.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    deal2die
    Planning to use RF for wireless control.
    Can you give me more detail about this please. exact your system block diagram if possible.
  • Hari Prasath
    Hari Prasath
    godfather
    Can you give me more detail about this please. exact your system block diagram if possible.

I have not yet came up with a Block Diagram..
    What I'm thinking is "To Control the Wheelchair by using the Trackball"
    The Trackball acts as a remote for controlling the wheelchair..

It is Similar to a Wireless controlled car (Play Toy).
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    deal2die
    I have not yet came up with a Block Diagram..
    What I'm thinking is "To Control the Wheelchair by using the Trackball"
    The Trackball acts as a remote for controlling the wheelchair..

It is Similar to a Wireless controlled car (Play Toy).
    Yeah i got your point but i want to know more detail about TrackBall. Like how can we interface TrackBall with RF module to send wireless signal and what is the output of the TrackBall. How's TrackBall works. Etc. and at Receiver side you can receive the same signal and according to that you can drive stepper or any other motor connected with wheelchair.
  • Hari Prasath
    Hari Prasath
    Trackball is similar to the analog mouse or joystick. Trackball is widely used in Game pads and in Medical instruments.
    Works Similarly as the principle in the Mouse. I'm not aware of the Present technology in trackball..

I have decided to interface the Trackball with the RF using a Micro controller and to control the motor in the Wheelchair.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    deal2die
    Trackball is similar to the analog mouse or joystick. Trackball is widely used in Game pads and in Medical instruments.
    Works Similarly as the principle in the Mouse. I'm not aware of the Present technology in trackball..

I have decided to interface the Trackball with the RF using a Micro controller and to control the motor in the Wheelchair.
    Okey. Are you from Electronics Branch?

I will search about how to interface Trackball with MCU and then let you know how can we go ahead in this project. You too keep searching about this one.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Here i get one link:-

TrackBall Interfacing - TrackBall to PIC microcontroller Go thorugh this one deal2die.
  • Hari Prasath
    Hari Prasath
    godfather
    Here i get one link:-

TrackBall Interfacing - TrackBall to PIC microcontroller Go thorugh this one deal2die.
    Thanks a lot GF.. Will update with my work progress.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    deal2die
    Thanks a lot GF.. Will update with my work progress.
    And do study about the signal you get from Trackball and also study that how to use that signal for controlling Wheel Chair.
  • Hari Prasath
    Hari Prasath
    Now I'm clear about the Wheelchair😁 and I'm stuck with the SIMULATION part 😕...
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    deal2die
    Now I'm clear about the Wheelchair😁 and I'm stuck with the SIMULATION part 😕...
    How you are clear about Wheelchair please share with us.

and SIMULATION ? for what?
  • Hari Prasath
    Hari Prasath
    godfather
    How you are clear about Wheelchair please share with us.

and SIMULATION ? for what?
    Decided to use SPG DC-MOTORS for controlling the Wheels and have given orders
    for the frame of the Wheelchair😁

Got some Idea for the trackball from the link which u gave (TrackBall Interfacing - TrackBall to PIC microcontroller)
    GF. It helped a lot😁😁..

In my college I'm supposed to do simulation of my work. I don't even Know what I'm supposed to do..
    All i know is that LabView or Matlab can be used for Simulation...

Someone help me guys😔..
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    My Question is why you want to do Simulation is it really necessary? I don't think so.

As you are getting Pulses from the Trackball right? now You have to given that signal to MCU which decides how to rotate motors and for that you have finalize the Motor you are going to use and also interfacing circuit for the same.
  • Hari Prasath
    Hari Prasath
    You are absolutely correct GF..

If I'm going to Stimulate the remote and the motor, What should i do? Do I have to add a card to my PC and interface it with the motor and remote? or It requires any calculations?
  • Hari Prasath
    Hari Prasath
    untitled

This is the Block diagram of my work..
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    NO need to do any Simulation first thing is are you clear that how you are going to operate your Wheel chair movement according to movement in Trackball's Signal?

First Thing required in this project is movement of your chair as per the Trackball signal.

Now first forgot about Wireless Communication. Simply Connect your Trackball signal with WheelChair's Controller and give movement to chair as per the Trackball signal changes once you are ready and sure that this is working there is nothing to do in Wireless its not much problematic.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

New nanostructured glass for imaging and recording :: University of Southampton
National Geographic Live! Now Streaming on FORA.tv
Hi dis is Pooja. .😀 m doing my final yr computer science. so i request anyone to suggest a project on networks or web. . plz do help me. ....
A random sample of 200 adults is classified is below according to gender and level of education attained [TABLE="class: grid"] [TR] [TD]Education[/TD] [TD]Male[/TD] [TD]Female[/TD] [/TR] [TR] [TD]Elementary[/TD] [TD]38[/TD] [TD]45[/TD] [/TR]...
Know Your Indexin'gg' gaurav !! [FONT=&]Hello CEans,Crazyengineers comes up with one more awesome interview ,a student of mechanical engineer by trade,who joined the CE wagon a long back ,and now...