What’s the best furnace design?

I’ve been trying to find the answer to this question for a while and don’t really seem to be getting anywhere. I can’t find any really useful information on this. I visited and heard about many companies who seem to having problems designing a really efficient furnace. Personally I’m trying to improve the design for a furnace that heats up 3 vats in series (I know parallel is better) . But I think we should try and make a list of the things that need to be addressed when considering a furnace design and try and answer as much of the question as possible. I believe this will be very useful for people. So please if you have anything to add to the list or you can help by answering some of the points it would be greatly appreciated.
…What are the ideal gaps between and under vats when using a furnace to cook or boil water to allow enough space for the heat to flow but not too much so that you are not just heating dead space?
Should the floor of the furnace be inclined towards the chimney?
The use of dampers on the chimney had been suggested to me to keep the heat in but will this not restricted the smoke from exiting and clog up the fire?
What is the best material to use?
What is the ideal chimney size and should dampers to used?
P.S is this the right place for thread?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to Mechanical engineering section. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi friends,plz send me the information about the aircooler with solar energy
I have done my project based on hand gesture recognition anyone interested contact me i can help you
The odd distortions seen when taking pictures with rolling shutter cameras like those on cell phones may have an explanation based on relativistic effects. https://www.electronicscomponentswor... Products from ElectronicsComponentsWorld.com
Nissan is giving the electric van concept a go. The company has announced the e-NV200 compact van which will go into production in 2013. This is the company's second electric...
If you are a ketchup fan, you might be knowing that getting the last dollop of the red sauce out of the bottle is a headache - and it normally...