What's Seismic Retrofitting???

Seismic retrofitting is the modification of existing structures to make them more resistant to seismic activity, ground motion, or soil failure due to earthquakes.

Read more: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Anant Jalgaonkar
    Anant Jalgaonkar
    First of all Ground motion itself is a seismic activity. Retrofitting of structures is strengthening of elements of structures. By "Soil failure" i think you mean failure of Foundation. If you mean failure of foundation yes it can be retrofitted. Hope this can solve your doubt!!!
  • anuraadha
    anuraadha
    Does the soil failure occur only due to settlement? So that the structure can be retrofitted. Or any type of soil failure can be retrofitted?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I need to do a programming using Xcode but I do not own a MAC pc.Is there a way I can download Xcode on windows 7?Is there somebody who...
Design News - DNTV - Simulating the Iceberg Transfer
Can someone please help me in understanding Normalisation?
Hey guys, I m a mechanical Engg. Student and I want some new ideas to organize technical events in my college related to mechanical field only. Please help by suggesting...
Quote: Mechanical and electrical engineers often overlook important issues when specifying their respective parts of an electromechanical system. Here are five good pieces of advice for electrical engineers responsible for...