View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12915 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Aug 30, 2019

What's going on at CrazyEngineers?

I thought I'll post a quick update on what's going on at CrazyEngineers -

• We discovered things we 'ignored' in the past have badly hurt our SEO and therefore the traffic to CE from search engines has gone down significantly.

• Since last week, we've been auditing the site and fixing all the SEO errors as we discover them. A TON of bugs have been fixed. For example, the URLs to any page do not end with '/' anymore. Though it does not make any difference to human eyes - web crawlers do make a big deal of it.

• Our mobile web app is almost ready; but SEO issues have taken a priority. We hope to launch the app as soon as possible.

• Start September, we plan to have lots of competitions and activities. However, we need to fix the issues first. 

If you notice anything not working - please bring it to our attention. It will be a great help! apologies for the inconvenience. 

We are with you all the way.

Sure will do.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Aug 31, 2019

Thanks a lot. I'll keep posting updates here and in our official blog as we make progress. 

Anoop Mathew
Anoop Mathew • Sep 1, 2019

Hi Guys, good to see these pointers. I think some display picture images against some folks (eg: Ramani Sir & Ankita) aren't visible on Chrome Mobile Browser. (Nokia 8.1 Android One).

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Sep 1, 2019

@Anoop Mathew - could you confirm that images issue persists even after clearing browser cache? 

Anoop Mathew

RXPG-screenshot-20190901-203555.jpg

6DiP-screenshot-20190901-203544.jpg

Anoop Mathew

Clearing cache has solved this issue!

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Sep 1, 2019

Thanks. We're making a few changes. Site may not be available for short period of times.

Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Sep 6, 2019

Where there any more instances of images not loading? I'm looking for answers from new members. Is everything working fine? Here's a little teaser for everyone -

Share this content on your social channels -