What will happen to charges that flowing i devices once after supply switched off?

hi hello All,

i have a doubt in basis that is what will happen to electrons(current) that flowing in devices once after stopped either that produced by battery or from power supply that we use in house? whether electrons goes back to source or what happens to that charges?

Somebody clear me 😲_O

Replies

• pr159260
    pr159260
    and whether that charges produced by source or that will already in available in devices and equipment.. just the drifting work done by source?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Conductors have charges in them the Potential applied Just moves these charges in the desired direction That is what we call current
  • pr159260
    pr159260
    thanks for your reply sir. then source doesn't produce any electrons that causes flow of current?
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    pr159260
    thanks for your reply sir. then source doesn't produce any electrons that causes flow of current?
    Source cannot produce electrons, it just create a potential difference which forces the free electrons to move thus creating current.
    Take an analogy: Consider a setup in which we are sending water in pipes in loop using a motor, the water will flow in the loop until the motor is on and stops when it is off. Similar is the case with electrons in the wires.
    Hope it clears your doubts!😀
    Good Luck!!
  • pr159260
    pr159260
    thanks for ur expanation #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    rahul69
    Source cannot produce electrons, it just create a potential difference which forces the free electrons to move thus creating current.
    With a difference.
    In a battery at the anode (this is the negative pole in a battery) the metal atoms at the surface give up electrons and go into solution. These electrons move through the external circuit and neutralise the positive ions in the electrolyte at the cathode surface Which is the positive carbon rod or equivalent.
    The overall reaction products have less energy than the starting materials. This chemical energy reduction leads to the potential difference. The number of electrons leaving the cathode exactly equal that consumed at the cathode. In that sense no net electrons are produced.
    Then what leads to the potential difference?
    The difference between the chemical reaction potential at the anode and cathode leads to the voltage generated by the battery.
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    rahul69
    Take an analogy: Consider a setup in which we are sending water in pipes in loop using a motor, the water will flow in the loop until the motor is on and stops when it is off. Similar is the case with electrons in the wires.
    Hope it clears your doubts!😀
    Good Luck!!
    Then According To Ur Answer, The Charges Get Stagnent At Their Location At The Instant Of No Supply. But There Should Not Be Any Charge(s) Present On Account Of Zero Voltage Difference..What Say??
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    naman2511
    Then According To Ur Answer, The Charges Get Stagnent At Their Location At The Instant Of No Supply. But There Should Not Be Any Charge(s) Present On Account Of Zero Voltage Difference..What Say??
    First of all I said electrons and not charges (and electrons are negatively charged), but at zero potential difference also, electrons (as well as protons) are present, it is not the presence of electrons or protons but the imbalance that creates the charge you are talking about,
    And I think u misunderstood something, could u tell in more detail what is the exact doubt u r having.
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    rahul69
    First of all I said electrons and not charges (and electrons are negatively charged), but at zero potential difference also, electrons (as well as protons) are present, it is not the presence of electrons or protons but the imbalance that creates the charge you are talking about,
    And I think u misunderstood something, could u tell in more detail what is the exact doubt u r having.
    Dont Worry ..I Got It..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello, sir,i am a team lead in tcs testimony team but my one of the team members is a another team lead. so confirmation of team could not be done....
Hi, I am an "oldie" from the UK construction industry. Its time for me to stop but I cant, instead of pulling on my slippers and cardigan, I pull on...
As we know, Android is using Java compatible Libs & running on VM, is this the reason why Android consumes too much of RAM ? -In blog,I have read that...
Last week was one hella crazy 7 days, - Ubuntu Released ROM for Phones. - Ubuntu announced ROM for Tablets. - Sony revealed PlayStation 4. - Kernel 3.8 released. -...
Hey guys, my friend is basically a mechanical engineer. Now he is into a textile industry, please recommend a source(weblink, books, videos etc) , so that he can get through...