What will happen really if a handful of sand/sugar is poured inside petrol tank?

I had seen many movies in which heroes used to put sugar/sand inside the petrol tank to seize the engine But is it true that the engine got seize or is there any other explanation for it?

Also I was told that pouring water inside the petrol tank will lead to great problem in engine as petrol floats over the water.Please give technical background for it?
😍

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    the reason why an engine would stall when water is poured in the tank is simply that water is not a combustible substance or fuel.

As for sand , it is a substance which is used to extinguish fire, so therefore when added in the tank and sent along with the fuel, to the engine, it must be preventing the power stroke from taking place, and hence stalling the engine.

As for sugar, i think the reaction with petrol would be something different and far more complicated, because after all sugar too is a carbon compound (C6 H12 O6)
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Here is an authentic report on sugar in petrol:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    A.V.Ramani
    Here is an authentic report on sugar in petrol:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    I like the last paragraph. To get revenge just sprinkle sugar below the petrol tank 😉
  • steviethackary
    steviethackary
    Good job i appreciate your information.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

When rumours and leaks of the iPhone 5C began to surface, people in countries like India and China were quite excited. Everyone was hoping that Apple has finally paid attention...
I always amazed by the cost price of different waters.(mineral water/RO water/UV treated water).What does the mineral water composed of?Is it safe going for UV treated water,RO rather than mineral...
The brand new iPhone 5S isn't a big shot upgrade over the iPhone 5, but it does have something, I'd say 'innovative' - the Touch ID. As rumored, it's your...
More often than not, the All India Radio is getting used to being in news with its new features and offers. A few months back we heard about the Android...
ASUS or ASUSTeK Computer Inc, the Taiwanese multinational, is all geared up to launch the new version of ASUS Padfone Infinity. With the invites now sent for the press event,...