What will be like working in an consulting and services oriented software job?

my friends told me that its going to be long hours you will feel tired and all that's why this question.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

That's a very general question and very general response from your friends. Let's get into details, shall we? 

• Jayt aw
    Jayt aw

#-Link-Snipped-# sure 

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

All I meant was, we need more information from you. Please take efforts to describe your question in detail so that we can answer it accordingly.

• Jayt aw
    Jayt aw

While I was  discussing with my friends about different types of IT industries, like product based and services based companies ,my friends told that in service based industries the work pressure will be more and no hike will be given easily .we will get frustration soon .so is it truth that service based companies will be like that? #-Link-Snipped-#  

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

It's not good to generalise things. Frustration is a result of doing something over and over that you don't like to do. I've had the fortune of working for both product and services companies. 

If you are genuinely interested in the work - you'll put in 18 hours a day and still be fresh. If you're asked to do something that is not interesting; you'll get bored in 15 minutes. 

It's essential to understand that there are so many factors involved that you can't actually decide whether a particular job will frustrate you. Frustration is our 'reaction' to the events happening around us. It *can* be controlled.

Work pressure, frustration etc. will depend upon the project you are working on, how your seniors treat you, what deadlines are being followed and how your colleagues are. Then there are other very important factors like how's your personal life; which invariably affects the professional life. 

It's got *NOTHING* to do with the job itself. If you are working on the technology that you are genuinely interested in; you'll automatically ignore everything else. 

If you have no specific interests in any type of work - it doesn't matter. Life's is going to be very similar for you whether you go into product development or IT services. Hope this helps. 

• Jayt aw
    Jayt aw

Well ,I understood thanks for the answer.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The resume i have uploaded is outdated.I will like to upload my updated resume which would be more beneficial for me
 Machine Design claims: MDO is a design field integrating various fields of engineering into a single unit. It finds a multitude of applications in today’s world, including aerospace, automobile, and...
I need to know the Internal Grinding Process Parameters 
From Machine Design:This article will mention some of the difference between metal 3D printing processes and selection criteria to help understand this technology better. This does not cover all the...
Quote: There's an idea that once something is online, it is immortal, immutable, and almost impossible to contain. Another way of saying this is that you should not put anything...