What will be best branch of technology from 6+ years from now?

What will be best branch of technology from 6-10 years from today ?
Imagine that you have to recommend this to for some in 10th today.

I am not sure if I would recommend anyone to get into IT / Computer science.

Anyone any opinion ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Now - every engineering discipline is special in its own way. On what parameters are we rating the disciplines here?

I always recommend people to choose the branch of their liking without worrying if its good or not so good. I knew it had to be either Electrical or Electronics for me because I was so much interested in everything that had electricity 😀

Thanks to numerous R/C cars I 'opened' just to see what's inside 😉 .
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    But now you are in software engineering 😛

I tend to say nano/micro technology will have a big impact within 5 to 10 years.

However, its not a good idea to discount current/old technology. Look at RF communications. Its been around for AGES, but theres always innovations in that field, despite the arrival of microwave and optics. Now with things like RFID and MEMS, RF will still be strong for a decade or two.

Regarding Computer Science, I believe its on going. Theres talk now about achieving the "Singularity", where computers will equal the intelligence of animals (and perhaps human). Supercomputing and grid computing will become more of a necessity in the future, as well as more businesses switching to the e-commerce and the emergence of many Web 2.0 upstarts, CS and IT will still be around. In fact, I'd doubt technology would progress on without those two.
  • gohm
    gohm
    yep, nano tech, aerospace & robotics would get my vote, although you couldn't go wrong anywhere.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    AeroSpace - I agree. We need more Burt Rutans'! Btw, those who missed, do check out our Small Talk with the one and only Mr. Burt Rutan !

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • gohm
    gohm
    lol, awesome plug for an awesome article! Did anyone see his new biofuel jet he flew in Europe? amazing

yep, planetary and space travel will see huge leaps in the future. Another area (non tech) gaining importance is cosmology.
  • kanand2585
    kanand2585
    i guess there will be and it has been boom in Public Relation Department Guys dnt jst go Engineering ,Medical there are many more options to be Explored
  • JustinKolodziej
    JustinKolodziej
    I think it will be clean energy and, since I don't have a better term, advances in energy efficiency. How are we going to power all these other advanced technologies without totally ruining the Earth in the process?
  • vijayrock
    vijayrock
    i suppose nano technology will be one such branch.Quantum or nano computing also have a fair chance.Even that time mechanical,electrical and other core engineering branches will be the popular.
    At the end of the day,it all depends on the person
  • nitinyamdagni
    nitinyamdagni
    Hi

hi ...i m new to this site can u introduce this site to me
  • kumran radovan
    kumran radovan
    Engineering focused on batteries and nanomaterials. I see these as EXPLODING in the coming years.
  • neo1786
    neo1786
    I would suggest the person to choose the field relating to interest over scope............I can understand a fresher being under pressure to choose fields which have lot of scope,but wud like to do sumthng u dont like for the rest of ur life???instead simply go for the field u like or enjoy........life will be bliss😁
  • neo1786
    neo1786
    If u dont kno wat u like or dislike..........dont worry u r in a majority,most ppl dont kno.........this is the best place to ask questions......u must do some prior research tho
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    I think anything green will be welcomed,so do in engg,environment and health will be given importance,i think mechanical engg will make a comeback!!
  • friendster7
    friendster7
    Robotics could be a good technology to work with.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am a computer science engineer who ll b passin out in 2009. i wanna establish my career in microprocessors. is my engineering degree enough for that or do i...
[Article cross posted from here : Know your CEan raj87verma88] CEans, Continuing our tradition of bringing you more about our own CEans, we bring you our editor CEan - raj87verma88...
Can any one here help me in making a mini project in remote control bulb to switch on and off it from a ddistance of 10m by a light signal...
The things that you will need to use your phone as a spying device ( as a listening bug ) are: A Mobile Phone A headset which works with that...
hi fnds.... iam a new member of CE....... i need ur suggesions regarding my project.... i want to know latest applications of Digital signal processing.. so plz give me ur...