What was Y2K virus....

can anyone oef u tell me what was the myth related to Y2K virus and what kind of virus it was?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhi_d_hacker
    can anyone oef u tell me what was the myth related to Y2K virus and what kind of virus it was?
    It wasn't a virus. It was just an error most of the developers didn't figure in. After the year count incremented from 99 to 2000, the computers would reset them to 00 (consider using two digit numbers to represent the year). Read following Wiki article for more information: Year 2000 Problem
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    The Year 2000 problem also known as the Y2K problem, it was a problem for both digital and non-digital documentation and data storage situations which resulted from the practice of abbreviating a four-digit year to two digits.
    that is ..97, 98, 99, 00... ascending numbering assumption suddenly became invalid.
    Secondly, some programmers had misundertood the rule that although years that are evenly divisible by 100 are not leap years, if they are divisible by 400 then they are. Thus the year 2000 was a leap year.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

According to a news post on Times Of India, Google and Facebook have said that they've removed all the objectionable content from their websites. The companies have removed the objectionable...
A lot of my friends, from the non computer discipline have joined and now settled in the IT field as software developers, consultants and software QA engineers. If your story...
plz anyone tell me the best deemed universities or colleges which take direct admission in M.TECH. without any boundations of gate score card......
I am confused which welding method (MIG / TIG) to use with chromoly 4130?? Plz help me ....
Hello all, I am Shrikant - a crazy electrinics engineer from Jalandhar. I want to know details about transition capacitance. can anyone please help me? Any kind of help is...