What Makes PHP 5.5 Faster Than PHP 5.4?

PHP 5.5 was released just a few days ago and I've been reading all the good things about it from experienced webmasters and server administrators. The biggest gain is that the PHP 5.5 uses lesser resources and is ~25% faster than PHP 5.4. I wish to know how and what makes it run faster?

Does anyone here know?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Benchmark shows that php 5.5 performance is not as major as it was from php5.3 to 5.4.However, lil bit performance is increased.
    You can see the benchmarking in phoronix :
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, people running multi-server setup have reported improvements in the speed and lesser loads on average. Yet, I'm curious to know what makes PHP 5.5 work better than 5.4.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Sabrina Engineering Trade: Undecided. Looking at general, aerospace, or structural. Location: California Occupation: As of September, student in Mechanical Computer Aided Design at De Anza College Work Experience: None...
Airtel announces free internet for user on https://www.airtel.in/freezone and click on Enter into Freezone ๐Ÿ‘ Users can go on domain and can browse free stuffs. Search Google Gmail Google+ (but...
NASA's million miles missions require engines that perform continuously, reliably for longer periods - and the NEXT Ion Thruster has ran for 5.5 years non-stop setting up a new record...
The nature's not being fair in Uttarakhand (India) where the rains have caused havocs and has left the entire state in shambles. The rescue operations (and politics) are in full...