What is Wringing of slip guages?

Hello, I am Kedar and I am a crazy Mechanical engineer. I wanted to know what exactly is Wringing of slip gauges? I would appreciate if someone explained the process here. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    Slip gauges are high-precision measuring instruments, used for testing, inspection along with comparators.

Wringing is nothing, but removing the atmospheric air between two mating surfaces of any two gauge blocks, so that the blocks stick to each other due to vaccum.

to do this, hold the two blocks edge-to -edge, and gently push one of the blocks inside so as to make it sit on the other block, completely.
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    Kedar Malwadkar
    what is Wringing of slip guages?
    You should check out TRIMOS.Google it to find out more.
    Measurement labs do not use slip gauges any more,for high precision measurements trimos is used.
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    white_hat
    You should check out TRIMOS.Google it to find out more.
    Measurement labs do not use slip gauges any more,for high precision measurements trimos is used.
    might be, but it's in our syllabus so i need to read that!!!😀😉😎
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    Thanks for the help guys!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what is Transfer Case in automobiles? how does it works?
There is your friend in a faraway place. And we are in a time where the only means of communication is through post. There is no phone, courier, travelling to...
has any one heard of a vehicle running in benzene?
I stumbled upon this article on Pluggd.In : https://www.pluggd.in/why-indians-do-not-buy-online-297/ . The article tries to find out the reason why Indians do not prefer purchasing online. The article starts with stats...
My Name is Bharat District: Tando Mohammad Khan Sindh Pakistan I am Studying Engennering Physics in Sindh University Pakistan I am intersted in tracing mobile no becuase today'd Generation is...