What is the role of a technical writer at Google?

In many job listings on Google Careers page, there are a lot of vacancies for the job of a technical writer at Google. The listing notes that technical writers are the link between developers, engineers, users and marketing associates. It says that you are supposed to get complex information as input and communicate it clearly & concisely without using technical or corporate jargon to explain.

Any idea what the role of a technical writer actually demands? What skill does one need to have? What qualifications? What experience?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Graphene continues to surprise researchers all over the world with its incredible characteristics. The latest Graphene miracle is all about turning 1 atom thick Graphene layer into a source of...
ISRO is preparing to launch 'Aditya-1' satellite in the next 3-4 years. The first ever satellite to the Sun from India was earlier expected to go to the Sun back...
hi.. i got a job as a php developer..But i know c# and asp.net. Is the right way to shift the .net side or not. php developer has a bright...
"Which foreign language should I learn from career point of view?" "Which foreign language has the most scope now-a-days?" "Which foreign language can give a boost to my career?" "Which...
Can any one provide me copy of IRC 15 2011.