What is the future of aluminium manufacturing in India?

Total import value of aluminium is over 7 lakh tonne and jump 22% as compare to last year. According to me its one of best startup idea so let's discuss for more informations.

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

The real raw material for aluminium is not bauxite, which we have in plenty, but electric power, which is an issue. About 40% of the cost of production goes for the power consumed.

China is the world’s largest producer(about 55%), because of government support and abundant cheaper power.

• Anurag Sisodia
    Anurag Sisodia

Sorry Ramani Sir but i am not satisfied by your answer. 

India has become world’s 3rd largest producer of electricity and also exporting electricity worth of USD 39,091,000(Rs.2,70,41,98,107.00) to nepal, bangladesh and vietnam so i don't think that power is an issue. 

Also the price of kWh  electricity in India and china is Rs 5.00(7.2 cents) and Rs 5.88(8.5 cents) respectively.

Thanks for your time sir.

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

It is the government subsidies that causes the discrepancy.

#-Link-Snipped-#

• Anurag Sisodia
    Anurag Sisodia

Thanks for your efforts again sir. Our points are not matching is because the source of your previous comment and the link you share is approximately 3 years old. Thanks again.

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Government subsidies still continue in China.

The group I work for is a very large consumer of aluminium. Aluminium economics is a major daily issue.

There is also the minimum economic size of the plant.

Nothing wrong in investigating. Please go ahead with your evaluation.

• Anurag Sisodia
    Anurag Sisodia

Please give me the honor to introduce myself.

I work for an organization manufacturing aluminium and other metal along with their alloys. Motive of our organization is to reduce imports and consume our ores to produce high quality metals within our nation. 

Purpose behind enlisting above question is to gain knowledge and approach people alike minded to check whether i can find any new innovative idea.

Thanks for your valuable reply.

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

As of now there is no disruptive technology to produce Al economically other than the present fused salt electrolysis. The bauxite has to be purified as well.

Looks like we are stuck with the present Hall process.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I recently started my first engineering job from being a fresh graduate where I'm a design engineer. Our workplace have a hours clocking machine to clock whenever working an a...
Hi everyone, I don't know what to do with my life i'm depressed,confused, feeling suicidal. I did b-tech (ECE) in 7 yrs(2010-2017) with 54.81% i know what you are thinking...
I got a lot of questions about.. Is it possible to hack any online game? For example PUBG MOBILE, Is it possible to hack PUBG MOBILE?Yes it is Possible!As PUBG...
Hello Everyone I have to develop insulation resistor value  for our battery 350VI have seen in online so many Caluculation for insulation resistor, but not sure how to develop a...
A truly Crazy hard core engineering to make a   Guitar!Engineer (UK) says: An ‘unbreakable’ 3D printed guitar has been given the heavy metal treatment by Swedish guitar legend Yngwie Malmsteen.https://www.theengineer.co.uk/yngwie-malmsteen-goes-heavy-on-unbreakable-guitar/?cmpid=tenews_7930004&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=tenews&adg=B9661AD2-80C4-45E6-885B-771A5905C40A